This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeeellllpppp!

Ok it's my first post & I don't even know if I'm posting in the correct part of the forum so be gentle!

My aim is to shrink my films I have on my hard drive into xvid/avi type files thus taking up less space. I've tried various ways (generic & AVI) and most have come out with the screen (aspect ratio) being smaller than the original source. I know you can alter the settings however is there a way to have the same size as the orginal???

Many thanks
    J

What are you using to view the output file? Chances are all you need to do is scale to the display.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

You can change the size to anything on the list on the Edit page, in some cases even larger than the original, but that's not a good idea. The larger you make the out screen size, the larger the files will be and the longer it will take to run the conversions. Best is to let your player scale the image up on-the-fly during playback (but still begin with an output screen size large enough to upscale without visible artifacts). This will take some experimentation to find the size and bitrate settings that look good to you.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        What are you using to view the output file? Chances are all you need to do is scale to the display.
        Hi Again,

Not sure what you mean re what am I using to view the output file? Told you I wasn't that clued up! Before starting there is an option to pick the aspect ratio. It also shows you the size of the source picture and the size of it once it'll be converted. In all films I've tried this with they have all been significantly smaller than the source.

Thanks

Comment

Please ignore this thread as I see another poster is asking the same question and has been answered. thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X