Video Decoder Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Decoder Question?

Under the tab for Video Decoder...there is an option for software or DXVA.
    Whats the difference and does it matter which is selected?

Thx

The choices you make for these settings depend on what your video card supports and your preferences. The non-software settings (CUDA, DXVA) use your GPU to share the load with the CPU to improve speed. If you have a high-end CPU (i7 Quad) and a low end video card, you may get better results choosing software decoding. You will need to experiment to see what works best on your system.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thx for the response...I have an i7 with CF 5850. so should be good with the hardware run. I was running the copy in the background and playing GPU intensive games at the same time, that may have caused some slowdowns/problems earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
        Thx for the response...I have an i7 with CF 5850. so should be good with the hardware run. I was running the copy in the background and playing GPU intensive games at the same time,that may have caused some slowdowns/problems earlier.
        Doing anything like that while you are ripping, compressing, or converting movies is never a good thing
        Last edited by CBR929; 09-19-2010, 06:45 PM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Your ATI card will support DXVA, but only higher-end NVIDIA cards have CUDA support.
          Yeah, as you now realize, doing much of anything that's resource intensive is a bad idea.
          Limit your activities to surfing the net or word processing...lol
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X