This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free DVD protections reporting/removal

Not sure if it's still commonly used but I'm curious if others noticed and might
    know why that when running 'Free Dvd' on a folder w/only Uops and RCE
    protections. It will report such in which I then apply the changes, thinking all is well.
    However, though this doesn't happen always, occasionally if I have it check the same folder it will report protections still exist. If I apply it again a 3rd run will show no protections found.

None of the files are set as 'Read Only' nor are any in use by any other program.
    It appears to be random to when it occurs though running it on a set of the same original (protected) files the same results occur. Meaning it will remove them the 1st time or claim they still exist the 2nd run if those files did so before.

To further add, while I'm not sure it's the same condition every time but a set I just did, what occurred was on the 1st run both the (IFO, BUP) & (VOB) boxes were automatically ticked.

After clicking the "Free DVD!" button, timestamps on several IFO, BUP & VOB files changed.
    Running it again on the same folder 'Only' the VOB box came up ticked.
    Applying the fix again, now just 2 of the files "VTS_01_0.VOB & VTS_01_1.VOB" which already had 'supposedly' been fixed by noting the newer timestamp were then changed 'again?' by note only those 2 had the most recent modified timestamp.

I've yet to dig in there with a Hex Editor or anything to see which bytes changed if any on the 2nd run in hopes someone knows the answer and won't have to go through all that just yet.
    Last edited by phonedudes; 10-26-2009, 01:53 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

What has this to do with DVD Fab?

Comment

"Free DVD" is an old and simple program for removing only RC and PUOs from ripped files and is offered free for download on Fengtao's website. The free version of DVDFab is much more versatile, not sure why phonedudes is using "Free". I never have and don't know anyone that has, but maybe someone will see this and enlighten us.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          "Free DVD" is an old and simple program for removing only RC and PUOs from ripped files and is offered free for download on Fengtao's website. The free version of DVDFab is much more versatile, not sure why phonedudes is using "Free". I never have and don't know anyone that has, but maybe someone will see this and enlighten us.
          Not me, I did use your trial version just to make sure it worked then purchased it, now have purchased the never expire version.

Just wish that applied to me personally.

Comment

Well, the reason I'm using it for 'these files', besides it being Free it's simple and should do the job for exactly what's needed, which was to simply remove the Uops from old backups when creating the new ones.

Using the free or registered version of DVD Fab serves no purpose when the files are on a hard drive so why bother re-ripping the original DVD?

I could but I can tell you that even a copy done with DVD Fab with all the protection removals ticked still comes up with protections existing according to Free DVD.

So either there is a bug in Free DVD or not all protections (or what's thought to be protections) are removed with DVD Fab either.

Like noted I wasn't sure how many people use the software and titled my post to note that was the software this was regarding.

Comment

Working...
            X