Changed to ASPI and now it won't launch - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed to ASPI and now it won't launch - Help

I have DVDFab 8. I was having the problem with my Magic Jack, so I decided to see if changing DVDFab to ASPI would work. Well, I made the change and now I can not get DVDFab to launch. It looks like it tries, it basically flashes the start screen, but that is it. It is like it shuts down immediately after starting. Any ideas out there? Heck, I'd change it back to "auto" but can't.

Thanks

There are known conflicts between DVDFab and Magic Jack.

Disconnect Magic Jack when using DVDFab.

Comment

Thanks but, one of the potential "fixes" I found out here was to change DVDFab to ASPI. After I did that, DVDFab will not launch. Have tried launching with out the Magic Jack and it still won't come up. I had been unplugging Magic Jack, but wanted to give th ASPI thing a shot. Now I just want to be able to launch DVDFab.

Comment

Try re-installing DVDFab over its self and rebooting.

Comment

You probably need a different ASPI driver. Not even sure Win7 comes with one anymore, it is obsolete.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, tried re-loading and still have the same problem, it just flashes. I guess I could try uninstalling it completely and then re-installing, but won't I loose the registration code/key?

I'm still on XP, no idea if that has an ASPI driver.

Comment

Change IOType to 2 in registry key:
              HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DVDFab\V8\DVD

signals, even if there would be no ASPI driver installed, DVDFab should report it and change it back automatically.
              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                Change IOType to 2 in registry key:
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DVDFab\V8\DVD

signals, even if there would be no ASPI driver installed, DVDFab should report it and change it back automatically.
                You Da Man! Thanks a bunch!! That works. Appears that DVDFab actully works fine with Magic Jack as well. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  Maybe, maybe not. Setting to ASPI will cause a crash in some cases depending on the specific ASPI driver installed ona given system.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hmm, just deleted all ASPI drivers (so none is there) and 8022 starts up as it should.
                    With installed (non-rebooted) aspi_471a2.exe crash.
                    But DVDFab should detect when it is crashed on next restart it is ASPI driver fault and therefore set back to SPTI.
                    Still DVDFab shouldn't crash.
                    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 10-02-2010, 04:54 AM.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Are you saying it should tell the user that there is no ASPI driver on the system (or that it can't find it)? That would probably be a good idea. As a user I would much rather see that message than to have DVDFab revert to SPTI automatically with no notice that it had done so. To have it test for a suitable ASPI driver at every install I think would require a lot of code and a maintained database of known good or bad drivers. To have it error trap an ASPI problem at runtime would be less so, but probably more code than it would be worth for a problem that doesn't happen that often anymore (and more code to diagnose the error as ASPI-related).

Comment

Working...
                      X