This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Forced Captions not working right

For the last couple of versions of DVDFab (running 8.0.1.6 right now), even when I have subpicture enabled (only one english available) and I enable "Display only forced subpicture".. the captions are in the final AVI output file.

This has been happening for a while since 7.x and I pretty much ignored it thinking I"ll get back to it soon. (thinking I'm making a menu choice mistake)
    So today, I got iron man 2, selected track29, english, display forced subpictures.
    and the captions still show up throughout the whole final AVI output file.....

any ideas anyone on whats up???

This function is not working correctly in DVD Ripper (it works in Blu-ray Ripper, at least the last version I tested). There are no forced subs in IM2, so you should have had none rendered into the video of your AVI output.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In addition to signals comment, please make sure "default flag" isn't set for selected subs.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks

I'll give it a go...

Thanks!
        I first noticed this issue when I did 2012 and the chinese folks were talking but no text appeared. I ripped it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything...

Comment

nope not work

Karate Kid 2010.
          How do I enable only forced Captions when the chinese folks speak?
          It appears it's a all or nothing choice..

Alll captions or none at all...

Please anyone... help.

Thanks

Comment

The feature is not working correctly in DVD Ripper. If you are using DVD Copy it does not change true forced subs when making a copy of the DVD in any copy mode. In Customize, Main Movie or Merge copy modes you have to be sure to include the subpicture stream that includes the forced subs for them to appear in the copy (normally the first subpicture stream for Region 1 DVDs).

This is a known issue with DVD Ripper. If you have other subtitle problems, please post them in the sub-forum for the type of copy or conversion you are making.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X