Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dvd-to-dvd vs dvd-to-mobile: single .vob output?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd-to-dvd vs dvd-to-mobile: single .vob output?

Hi there.. I need to first preface this that my demo period expired about two weeks ago and I'm currently using the freeware portion (dvd-to-dvd: mainmovie) of the software.

When I was using the demo period of the software I didn't know that dvd-to-dvd mode could capture to a hard drive, so I was using dvd-to-mobile's VOB option to grab just the main movie to my hard drive. And the resulting output was a single .vob file for the full length feature.

However now that I'm using dvd-to-dvd: mainmovie mode, I notice that it results in a handful of .VOB outputs that I then have to use MPEG StreamClip or something similar to join together and remove timecode errors.

I guess my questions are, if I purchase just the dvd-to-dvd featureset, do the additional features like "Customize" or "Merge" enable me to rip the main movie to a single .vob with no timecode errors? Or will I still need an external tool to do the "cleanup" of the resulting rip?

I really enjoy the awesomeness of DVDfab, but since my needs are so specific (just a main movie rip to a single .vob file) and I really don't need all those other features, are there any other tools that I should look at instead?

thanks,
    ..dane

The output structure the DVDFab produces in all copy modes is the same DVD-Video compliant format that is suitable for any standalone or software player.

Originally posted by audiodane View Post
    Hi there.. I need to first preface this that my demo period expired about two weeks ago and I'm currently using the freeware portion (dvd-to-dvd: mainmovie) of the software.

When I was using the demo period of the software I didn't know that dvd-to-dvd mode could capture to a hard drive, so I was using dvd-to-mobile's VOB option to grab just the main movie to my hard drive. And the resulting output was a single .vob file for the full length feature.

However now that I'm using dvd-to-dvd: mainmovie mode, I notice that it results in a handful of .VOB outputs that I then have to use MPEG StreamClip or something similar to join together and remove timecode errors.

I guess my questions are, if I purchase just the dvd-to-dvd featureset, do the additional features like "Customize" or "Merge" enable me to rip the main movie to a single .vob with no timecode errors? Or will I still need an external tool to do the "cleanup" of the resulting rip?

I really enjoy the awesomeness of DVDfab, but since my needs are so specific (just a main movie rip to a single .vob file) and I really don't need all those other features, are there any other tools that I should look at instead?

thanks,
    ..dane
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD to DVD does not have the ability to make one large VOB file (like the old DVD Shrink could). That is only available in DVD to Mobile (VOB Passthrough).

EDIT: Damn quick-draw McGraw signals.

Comment

Thanks guys.. Appreciate the quick response!

..dane

Comment

Working...
        X