This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to download older version?

I tried installing the newer version of DVDFab and ran into some errors. Does anyone know where I can download an older version of this software?

What were the errors, you really need to run the latest version !!

There is ONLY one case where I run one of the older versions of DVD Fab Express, v 2.9.1. It is only for older encryption, I use to backup SCRATCHED originals where nothing else works. I might lose a few seconds of video ... but the way I look at it SOMETHING is better than NOTHING ... RIGHT.

But again you need to figure out why you can't install the newest version. Post your errors and maybe someone can help, especially if you PURCHASED a license ~~

PS: Welcome to the forum

AX
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I would like to get ahold of a copy of one of the "5" versions...I recently did a clean install of Win 7 and somehow lost my older DVDFab install files. Some of my discs seem to backup better on the older version...example, couldn't get Chappelle's Show Season 1 to load with 6.something, but 5.something would load it right up....maybe this is fixed (I should probably check) but it would be nice to still have a "5" just incase...

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated

Comment

Then I browse the forum and find this! So, nevermind!...though, maybe some users that have the install files for other versions could send them in, so oldapps.com can get them up for others.
        Last edited by CBR929; 03-04-2016, 01:54 AM. Reason: updated link

Comment

LOL!

I know, I have the versions that they have already on oldapps.com.

I think it would be nice if right here in this forum you could maybe be able to get older versions.

Comment

older versions are not supported anymore as the new releases are recommended for all movies. I have never reverted to a old version to do a movie unless the beta I installed did not work correctly then I just reverted to the release I had installed before that

Comment

Use of older versions causes support problems. You never know if the older version is partly responsible for the problem. That being said I have to confess to having my favorite v4, v5 and the latest version installed and available with just a click. In general the newer ones run faster, work better and are more stable.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Use of older versions causes support problems. You never know if the older version is partly responsible for the problem. That being said I have to confess to having my favorite v4, v5 and the latest version installed and available with just a click. In general the newer ones run faster, work better and are more stable.
                Ditto on all that pard.
                I still have v4, v5, and the most recent release installed.
                My all time favorite is still v.4.1.2.0
                You'd have to pry this one from my cold, dead hands...
                (I don't recall going back to v2.x or v3.x in years)
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Ditto on all that pard.
                  I still have v4, v5, and the most recent release installed.
                  My all time favorite is still v.4.1.2.0
                  You'd have to pry this one from my cold, dead hands...
                  (I don't recall going back to v2.x or v3.x in years)
                  That's funny, I found that 4.1.0.2 had ripped a disney cinderella 2 Dvd when all others had failed. That was the release just prior to that one. Whatever works huh? "Everybody's talkin bout new sound versions but the old's still Fab to me"

Comment

Working...
                  X