DVDFab 8 won't launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 8 won't launch

Hi Folks, until recently DVDFab v7 and v8 were both working on my machine without any problems.I hadn't used either of them for a few weeks until yesterday but on trying to start them I found that neither of them would launch. No errors are logged at all - I click on the icon, the egg timer appears briefly and nothing else. I have uninstalled both versions, run CC Cleaner, rebooted and then installed the latest version but I get the same problem. Clearly something is stopping it starting up but I have no idea what it could be. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there any way to run it in 'debug' mode to help establish the cause of the problem ?

Do you have an nvidia video card (please update the driver)?
    What type of anti-virus (try turning it off for install)?
    Installing as Administrator?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have an Nvidia graphics card (GEFORCE 7650 GS) and hve updated the driver and have reinstalled DVDFab (from a user in the Administrators group) yet the problem remains. I am using Symantec AntiVirus but doubt that disabling that during the install is likely to help. As mentioned previously, both v7 and v8 worked fine until I tried using them yesterday.

Comment

Could have been a Symantec update?? I can't duplicate the problem in my PC (Win7 PRo (64). Sorry you are having trouble.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried a re-install with Symantec disabled but alas no luck

Comment

DVDFab 6 or 8 won't launch

I'm also experiencing problems this time on a newly formatted, newly reinstalled OS PC (Windows XP, 32-bit, SP2). Tried both version 6 and 8 and it displays the timepiece like it's loading but then dies. I cannot find it running in the background at all. The only thing new I've just added was AVAST! anti-virus software, but even disabled, DVDFab will not launch. I've had DVDFab on this same machine, same OS, same SP.

Comment

same issue here, It started with vers. 8, never had a problem with older versions before. I mayhave done 5 or 6 uninstalls and reinstalls. It will work after a reinstall then after a few days it will not open again.

Comment

Working...
              X