Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Sales Q: Which if Any Product Does This? ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Pre-Sales Q: Which if Any Product Does This? ...

Sorry, but can't quite get my questions asnwered from the FAQ's and posts I've read.

Not sure if I need Bluray Copy or Bluray Ripper

Here's what I need:

Rip Main Movie of Bluray Disk plus best Audio
    Auto-generate <movietitle>.dvdid.xml file in toplevel movie folder

I don't want any transcoding of any kind. Needs to integrate with Windows7 MediaCenter with Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD.

Will either Copy or Ripper suit my needs?

Thanks,
    Ken

To rip a BD you definitely will need DVDFab Blu-ray Copy.
    However, to the best of my knowledge, it will not create a dvdid.xml file, but
    I suspect this will be added at a future date.

You definitely do not want Blu-ray Ripper as this is used to convert.
    (Blu-ray Ripper is a confusing and unfortunate product name ...JMO).

I believe you'll need 3rd party software to accomplish what you have in mind, but I have no experience with Windows7 MediaCenter at all... sorry.
    Hopefully, someone with experience with this will pop in
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ken
      Have a look around the DVDFab website. It has good descriptions of all the products. Here is the link for the Blu-ray Copy details page: http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by KenHTPC View Post
        Sorry, but can't quite get my questions asnwered from the FAQ's and posts I've read.

Not sure if I need Bluray Copy or Bluray Ripper

Here's what I need:

Rip Main Movie of Bluray Disk plus best Audio
        Auto-generate <movietitle>.dvdid.xml file in toplevel movie folder

I don't want any transcoding of any kind. Needs to integrate with Windows7 MediaCenter with Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD.

Will either Copy or Ripper suit my needs?

Thanks,
        Ken
        You will need to get DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and rip to hard drive using Main Movie and make sure you have Media Center set up to see where the Blu-ray rips are saved to play it. Then when you want to play you get option to use either TMT3 or PDVD. I just tried using my Nightmare on Elm Street rip and PDVD would not play it but TMT3 would using Media Center.

Loved the picture quality and kinda makes me want a Blu-ray player for my TV and not just my computer and like already mentioned the dvdid.xml file is not generated for Blu-ray just yet but you can give DVDXML a try, just google it

Also try saving as iso and use DVDFab Virtual Drive http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8323 which is free and install this plug in http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3888 so you can see the iso using Media Center and as well mount that iso to DVDFab virtual drive to play like it was an actual Blu-ray disc playing. I have not tried that with Blu-ray but works great for DVDs
        Last edited by AGJ; 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM. Reason: added more text and links

Comment

Working...
        X