Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit the title (angle) of a dvd file.

Hello; my first post.....

i use DVDFab to burn 99% of my DVD and up until now, i've never had a problem or a question i couldn't figure out on my own. i'll try to be brief:

i've been using an older version of (xxxxxx) to convert .avi's to burn to DVD. in the past, i used the merge function when i wanted to burn multiple movies/episodes to DVD. (xxxxxx) created a dvd file with X number of vob files for each episode & DVDFab would show them as, say, 6 titles, no chapters in this form: <tv show><season #><episodes 1-6> (see image).

the new version of (xxxxxx) converts the .avi's into a single title with 6 chapters & i can use main movie to burn the DVD. no problem. but what i want to do is edit the title to read like the above example.
    is there any way to do such a thing? I may have missed something when i made the conversions, so now i wanna fix it.

any suggestions, other than doing the conversion all over again.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AGJ; 10-05-2010, 01:32 AM. Reason: General Policies

No way to do that using DVDFab other than using the original DVD.

Comment

well, i sorta figured that out already. i suppose i should have asked if there was anyway to edit any of the files in the Video_TS folder to show the correct title of the DVD when i open the folder in DVDFab. the data has to be there SOMEPLACE, lol!!.

Comment

Originally posted by LorenD View Post
        well, i sorta figured that out already. i suppose i should have asked if there was anyway to edit any of the files in the Video_TS folder to show the correct title of the DVD when i open the folder in DVDFab. the data has to be there SOMEPLACE, lol!!.
        not sure if this will work but give ifoedit a try. Just google it for link

Comment

Loren
          There may be a way to do this but I am not clear on what kind of output you want. Do you want a DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS folder) or just standalone MPEG-2 VOB files? And your source is an AVI file with all episodes or just a single episode?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Loren
            There may be a way to do this but I am not clear on what kind of output you want. Do you want a DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS folder) or just standalone MPEG-2 VOB files? And your source is an AVI file with all episodes or just a single episode?
            i converted 6 avi episodes into one DVD file, as you can see in the .gif, it's now a single with 6 chapters. what i'm thinking is that somewhere in all that digital gibberish is the title "1" that it shows in the .gif & some way to edit it.

of course, i could be wrong. i often am. just ask my wife.

p.s.: i just noticed that DVDFab will automatically fill in the volume label for the disk with the same info i wanted to put in the title field. sooooo maybe i'm just picky?
            Last edited by LorenD; 10-05-2010, 02:44 AM. Reason: new information

Comment

I have been looking for a similar DVD title to try this on and I can't find one right now, but if you don't mind the extra step, you can split the single large title into titles numbered one through six using DVDFab Merge mode. Just reload the same VIDEO_TS file as the Source 6 times and use the Chapter Range start/end controls to split them.(see capture of one set up this way). You will wind up with a DVD with 6 titles. If you want standalone VOB files for the output, set up the output mask in Common Settings for NameofDVD.<Title> and use VOB Passthrough. You will get output files named as in the second capture below.

Use the folder button next to the red arrow to reload the Source after you have set up the chapter breaks for the preceding one.
              Attached Files
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ya know what, i think maybe i'm gonna go ahead and burn the DVD's and not worry about it for now. if the DVD volume label says what i want, then i'll try messing with it later.

BIG thanks to all who replied, at least you all got me thinking!

Comment

Working...
                X