DVDFab interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other DVDFab interface

I just wanted to ask about the DVDFab interface.

There is nothing wrong with it, and I have not experienced any difficulties, but I was just wondering weather the interface could be more like DVD Shrink.

I am using the latest official release of DVDFab, and when using DVD Copy, and Full Disc, or any other shrinking options, that it looks as though DVDFab shrinks the entire disc to a certain quality.

I was just wondering weather it could incorporate something similar to DVD Shrink, which allows you to shrink the parts of the DVD you want.

Thank You

You can select certain titles or chapters in Main Movie, I would think that would let you do what you want, but not positive as I've never had a reason to try it.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
      You can select certain titles or chapters in Main Movie, I would think that would let you do what you want, but not positive as I've never had a reason to try it.
      Hi Racem22
      If you have ever used DVD Shrink it has settings to compress more of the stuff you do not care about, e.g. credits, previews trailers, and use less compression for the movie, as I think this is what fieldsy36 is suggesting.
      For example: you could do movie only and burn it to start and stop at a specified frame in the movie (not chapter) like in fab.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No, this is not an option yet. I remain ever hopeful, but not expectant.
        It has been requested by many users (including me) over the years, but to be honest, I almost never copy special features and such anymore and haven't for a long time.

If you want to modify compression ratios title by title, I'd decrypt with Fab (since shrink has not been updated for 5+ years now) and then use shrink for the compression mods.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If you use Main Movie there is nothing else to compress. This would be a good feature I guess, but with DL media as cheap as it is now, why take the time?

Originally posted by fieldsy36 View Post
          I just wanted to ask about the DVDFab interface.

There is nothing wrong with it, and I have not experienced any difficulties, but I was just wondering weather the interface could be more like DVD Shrink.

I am using the latest official release of DVDFab, and when using DVD Copy, and Full Disc, or any other shrinking options, that it looks as though DVDFab shrinks the entire disc to a certain quality.

I was just wondering weather it could incorporate something similar to DVD Shrink, which allows you to shrink the parts of the DVD you want.

Thank You
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            No, this is not an option yet. I remain ever hopeful, but not expectant.
            It has been requested by many users (including me) over the years, but to be honest, I almost never copy special features and such anymore and haven't for a long time.

If you want to modify compression ratios title by title, I'd decrypt with Fab (since shrink has not been updated for 5+ years now) and then use shrink for the compression mods.
            I remain hopeful too....... what about that preview window when ripping and compressing...... not working correctly but I'm sure it will someday

Originally posted by signals View Post
            If you use Main Movie there is nothing else to compress. This would be a good feature I guess, but with DL media as cheap as it is now, why take the time?
            True only the ending credits

CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X