This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picture

Have a weird qn. I am trying to upload a profile picture and have tried several they all preview but when I go to save changes the response I get is failed to upload? Any help would be appreciated.
    Chris

I think it has to be .jpg format under 20kb and 80x80 in size.
    Edit: I was thinking avatar when I read profile pic. not sure about that, sorry.
    Last edited by W&B; 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
      I think it has to be .jpg format under 20kb and 80x80 in size.
      Edit: I was thinking avatar when I read profile pic. not sure about that, sorry.
      It is .jpg and it is 74x68 a picture which I took and cropped down to get it under the size requirement.
      Chris

Comment

it should work, this is the requirements. Signals may offer assistance on this one. Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

Comment

Tks for your help. Its weird because it shows on the preview but I get the fail when I go to save changes???
          Chris

Comment

Chris, try running the pic through VSO image resizer http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/ its free for personal use. I just uploaded a pic of the wifey LOL and I had no probs.

Comment

I will check the permissions and requirements. I haven't used the feature but several users have and the pix display fine in their profiles.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Chris, try running the pic through VSO image resizer http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/ its free for personal use. I just uploaded a pic of the wifey LOL and I had no probs.
                Did as you said W&B and resized to 100x100 completed ok saw in preview but went to save changes and it still failed to upload??
                Chris

Comment

Very strange, Signals will get it sorted for you. sorry I'm tapped out lol.

Comment

Very strange, Signals will get it sorted for you. sorry I'm tapped out lol.
                    Thanks W&B even for the download. Very clean and easy to resize.
                    Chris

Comment

For profile pix, registered users can upload 100x100, 64k max file size, no restrictions I can find on image type.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is the test to see if it worked. If so then thank you for all the help signals and W&B
                        Cheers!
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X