beta versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beta versions

I have a question that Ive been wondering in regards to Beta versions...

I rarely use the Beta versions, I like to just use the latest stable versions...but every once in a while I'll install a Beta.

But my question is, how come when I install a Beta, it never remembers any of my settings or registration info...I have to re-enter my license each time.

When I update the latest stable version all my info is saved and my customized options are still correct.

Is this just a limitation of using the Beta? Or is there a feature request possible for payed owners? I really do not like having to set DVDFab up to my liking all over again.

Hi crackinhedz
    Not sure if this is what you need but open Fab> settings >general and tick memorize user interface options, also do you install the installer as administrator?
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi crackinhedz
      Not sure if this is what you need but open Fab> settings >general and tick memorize user interface options, also do you install the installer as administrator?
      CBR929
      thanks, never seen that option before...

and yes, I run as admin.

Fab notifies me when a stable version is available, and updates itself (pretty much)...but when I want a Beta version, I have to download the link from the beta thread, and go through the install myself, in which it does not remember my settings or license.

Perhaps the "memorize user interface" option corrects this for any future install?
      Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-29-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

ok this is getting on my nerves, im using beta version 8.0.2.8 (yes, 8.0.3 beta is out, but im not using Betas anymore)

Ive tried to copy two movies now, and each one says it will take 3 hours...what gives? this is why I hate having my settings erased...all was bliss with stable version 8.0.2.2.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
          ok this is getting on my nerves, im using beta version 8.0.2.8 (yes, 8.0.3 beta is out, but im not using Betas anymore)

Ive tried to copy two movies now, and each one says it will take 3 hours...what gives? this is why I hate having my settings erased...all was bliss with stable version 8.0.2.2.
          Hi crackinhedz
          Sorry to hear that it got screwed up again

You may try this (as I have done before) and have more than one version of any major installed

During install when the screen comes up for destination folder I put C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8xxx beta and start menu folder I put DVDFab 8xxx, I change the blue which will allow me to have more than one version installed.

So this means that you can have your 8022 and then install 8030 and on install you change the blue part and they will install as separate programs.

Do you know what I mean????
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

So this means that you can have your 8022 and then install 8030 and on install you change the blue part and they will install as separate programs.

Do you know what I mean????
            Yeah I see what you mean, I never thought of it that way. Good pointer.

Anyhow, I reverted back to the stable 8.0.2.2

still copying slow, so either I need to restart my PC (but im running other things at the moment...or its a bad disc? I tried wiping finger prints etc)

oh well, I will have to troubleshoot another time. Thanks for your input CBR!

Comment

Your welcome glad I could help
              Give it a try sometime
              Have your 8022 and then install 8030 or what ever and on install you change the blue part C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8xxx beta and DVDFab 8xxx and they will install as separate programs you would just open whatever one you want from programs menu.

yes, I run as admin.From post 3
              Do you install as administrator?????

Take care
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 10-29-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

The betas normally remember the settings of the previous installation, whether an official release or beta version. The only exception might be when updating across major version numbers. For obvious reasons I install every release and have never had this happen. You should not need to check the Memorize UI box in Common Setings.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  The betas normally remember the settings of the previous installation, whether an official release or beta version. The only exception might be when updating across major version numbers. For obvious reasons I install every release and have never had this happen. You should not need to check the Memorize UI box in Common Setings.
                  My settings have always stuck too..... thats why its strange
                  CBR929

Comment

Do you install as administrator?????
                    everything is done as administrator.

Originally posted by signals
                    does it remember your license as well? because I had to go dig up a year old e-mail with my license number.

Comment

does it remember your license as well? because I had to go dig up a year old e-mail with my license number.
                      Everything is always remembered even ImgBurn settings to run as burn engine.

Comment

Yes, it does. If yours does not, something is wrong with the way it was installed, probably the second one.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

does it remember your license as well?
                          Yuppers, it sure does.
                          Bummer that you have to input license and setting info...none of this is normal behavior

//Edit
                          Geesh, and I thought I replied in a timely manner...
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Don't worry I had to enter my registration key as well with the latest beta but all my settings are still the same, well they was before I had to reinstall the OS due to deleting a registry key by mistake.

Maybe should register as member on the DVDFab website so you not have to search for your email with key. Instead just download from website when ever you need it

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                              Maybe should register as member on the DVDFab website so you not have to search for your email with key. Instead just download from website when ever you need it
                              where is that located? I think I'll do just that.

I have the old e-mail...but sometimes I delete stuff by mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X