registry key difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registry key difficulty

I am having a similar problem. I have a new registration file but windows doesn't know how to open it. My registration never expires but dvdfab shows a trial version. I can't enter the new registration key because it doesn't know how to open the file and I can't figure out to get it sent to my email.

give this link a read on how to register follow the 5 directions listed at bottom of link

Comment

It doesn't send me a registry key through my email, only through a download. I bought a never expires registry key. How do I get the key sent to my email?

Thanks for your help. Mike

Comment

It will not send an email. If you download, it is faster and more reliable. Why would you need an email? If you have the key file on your desktop, follow these steps:

Close DVDFab and remove any discs from optical drives. If you do not have the latest version installed, download and install it, then reboot your PC.

Right click on the key file, and from the context menu select "Open" or "Open with...". Windows will ask you what to use to open the file if it does not suggest DVDFab.

Click the Browse button and use the box that opens to navigate to C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\ and select dvdfab.exe to open the file.

DVDFab should present a message that it was registered successfully and then open. Use "?"->About to view the welcome screen and make sure all your purchased options show your name, "Enabled", and "Never Expire".
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i don't see anything that says dvdfab.exe. I see dvdfab8 setup but when i do that it just wants to reinstall dvdfab8. I am very frustrated.

Comment

If you allowed DVDFab to install itself in the default location, you can find the dvdfab.exe file at:

C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\dvdfab.exe

on a 64-bit OS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\dvdfab.exe

or use windows explorer's search function to find it.

You should download the installer file, selecting Save rather than Run, and then you must select Run As...Administrator when you run it. These options are available by right clicking on the installer file.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

would that be the same for a 32bit OS?

Comment

The first one listed is for a 32-bit OS.

Comment

I am at C:\program files\dvdfab8\ I don't see anything that with .exe. I see dvdfab, dvdfab report, dvdfab core, dvd fab mover. All are listed as .exe files. I tried the dvdfab executive file and it just opens dvdfab8 and it shows it as a trial version. When I go to dvdfab.com user center, it shows that I have a never expire key. I just can't open the downloaded key.

Comment

Windows is hiding the file suffix since it is a "known file type". You can turn this off. It is the one named dvdfab, but turn that feature off, it will cause much confusion.

Comment

I clicked on that and it says thank you and it reopens but it shows that I am a trial user not that I am a licensee. It wants a registration key but I can't see that information to enter it.

Comment

The key file should be on your desktop. You do not need to open it to cut and paste, dvdfab will open and read it. The file is named Key.DVDFab6.

Comment

Hi mvsmpsn,

Please contact me at sunny@dvdfab.com, we need your registered email, order number, and then help you out of your tough registration issue.
                          ________
                          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

registry key difficulty

It recognizes the registry key and told me thank you registering. But it shows me as a trial user and nov. 30 my trial will end. The website recognizes me as a never expires licensee. What is happening I still have my original email from when I purchased this program.

Comment

Working...
                            X