Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFabInvisible..?

Hi Everyone!

I have been experiencing some problems lately with DVDFab 8 during Windows XP restart or shutdown due to..."DVDFabInvisible" running silently in the background. So...what is it???

I would very much appreciate your insights.

What actual version number are you running? I have not noticed this and have no idea what that component could be, but will ask.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What actual version number are you running? I have not noticed this and have no idea what that component could be, but will ask.
      Thanks for your reply.

It is v8.0.3.2

Comment

DATAVIEWER
        I have never heard of "DVDFabInvisible", are you talking about DVD Fab Passkey????
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I know when I am on the forum here and run Task Manager-Applications I will see the website listed as dvdfabinvisible. You sure you have closed the forum website down completely before shutting down the computer
          Last edited by AGJ; 11-02-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            I know when I am on the forum here and run Task Manager-Applications I will see the website listed as dvdfabinvisible. You sure you have closed the forum website down completely before shutting down the computer
            Thanks AGJ,never noticed that before
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              DATAVIEWER
              I have never heard of "DVDFabInvisible", are you talking about DVD Fab Passkey????
              It is weird..!
              As you know...The Windows XP always tries to close all the programs that are running before it shuts itself down, but there were a few times it could not close the "DVDFabInvisible" and therefore a small window showed up to ask me to click "End Process Now"!
              So...I clicked "End Process Now" to close it so that the PC would be able to power-off itself.

Comment

The dvdfabinvisible is related to the cookie(Logged in) the DVDFab forum places on your system
                , if you are not logged in you will still see dvdfab however it is not displayed as invisible but rather Windows internet explorer.

SJ

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
                  The dvdfabinvisible is related to the cookie(Logged in) the DVDFab forum places on your system
                  , if you are not logged in you will still see dvdfab however it is not displayed as invisible but rather Windows internet explorer.

SJ
                  ...No! It is not a cookie. Cookie has nothing to do with the Windows logging off. To me... "DVDFabInvisible" was a component of the program that running silently in the background.

Comment

I'm just guessing here, but the only thing that immediately comes to mind is Invisible Mode browsing here on the Fab forum.

Perhaps this has been inadvertantly enabled and is causing the issue.
                    You'll find this option in the User Control Panel.

User CP > Edit Options
                    Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have carefully looked through all tasks, processes, resource hooks and anything else I could think of with DVDFab running and can find nothing like "Invisible". I have asked Fengtao but have not heard from him.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you close the dvdfabinvisible app in task manager, The fab Forum closes. Win 7 64

Comment

Here is a pic of DVD Fab Invisible in task manager, note I am reading posts right now and my settings are not set for Invisible Mode
                          CBR929
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am seeing the same as CBR929 when I open task manager.
                            Never noticed it before now.

I am not in invisible mode either.

Comment

Holy crap, I've got it too. I can't say for sure how long it's been there, but I've never seen it before so it's pretty recent.
                              Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                              I am not in invisible mode either.
                              Yeah, I knew I was reaching when I mentioned it.

I'm never in invisible mode.
                              Thanks for confirming pal
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                              X