What is the passkey for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey What is the passkey for

Today I downloaded my update of DVFab and notice a release of Passkey could you please explain what this is used for?

Many thanks

Some quick reading on the DVDFab website or Passkey forum would serve you well.

Passkey is a program you leave resident on your computer that automagically removes encryption, copy protection, and region coding from DVDs and/or BDs (depending on what you purchase). This allows you to use other programs to view and/or convert the disc contents even though they don't support the latest protections.

Comment

If you have DVDFab, you don't really need it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the info I did a search and couldn't find anything on passkey I get it now.

Comment

Dear All,

I see that Passkey is available and that registered users for DVDFAB do not need to use Passkey.

Then why should users purchase passkey when there is DVDFAB.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KanNeeNaBu View Post
            Dear All,

I see that Passkey is available and that registered users for DVDFAB do not need to use Passkey.

Then why should users purchase passkey when there is DVDFAB.

Thanks
            Passkey is good for users to view and or convert their purchased DVDs or Blu-rays with any program they prefer. Passkey will remove the protection on the fly so as far as the converter or player software is concerned the discs are unprotected.
            Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Just as DVDKingdom said, all protections are removed as the disc plays (on-the-fly).

For eg., let's say you have some R1 discs that you want to play in your pc or bkup in your home country of China, R6.
              Your pc will see the original as region-free and windows will not reset the region on your burner (or DVD-ROM).
              This is extremely useful as after 5 resets, it's locked
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Just as DVDKingdom said, all protections are removed as the disc plays (on-the-fly).

For eg., let's say you have some R1 discs that you want to play in your pc or bkup in your home country of China, R6.
                Your pc will see the original as region-free and windows will not reset the region on your burner (or DVD-ROM).
                This is extremely useful as after 5 resets, it's locked
                Dear Mainmen,

That is definitely an good feature. However, I thought DVDFAB can also prevent DVDROM players from locking too?

I assumed that DVDFAB has the feature, caused I have several DVD from other regions and so far there are no problems with my DVD ROM locking.

Thank you

Comment

Yes but some would like to use Passkey with PowerDVD or other softplayer to play other region dvds/blu-rays without the region limitation. Also some would like to use Passkey to remove copy protection/BD+ on the fly while they use another copy program.

Here is link to what Passkey dvd is able to do http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey-for-dvd.htm and link to what passkey blu-ray able to do http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey-for-blu-ray.htm

Comment

No software can remove the region coding or other protections from the original, pressed disc.
                    DVD Copy will decrypt and render the ripped files (& bkup disc) region-free.
                    It will not read the original disc as region-free.

Passkey essentially is a windows driver and decrypts on-the-fly so as the DVD-ROM drive or burner is reading the disc with a software player...it wiill be "seen" as region-free.

Hope this makes sense and hope it helps
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Unless you have a matshita drive.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X