This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed

I tried DVD Creator (8.1.5.3) with a VOB file.
    - DVD Creator re-encoded it and doubled the size without any reason.
    - Only one audio track remains
    - All subtitles were removed
    - No menu created. I hoped that the product adds a simple menu with the movie title, the choice of the languages/audio track and the subtitles.

I'm waiting for years that DVDFab becomes able to replace DVDShrink and I dreamed that DVD Creator was the product to do it
    - Able to keep exactly what I want and ignore the rest
    - Able to fix the start and the final frame with accuracy
    - Able to choose the preferred language and subtitle
    - Able to compress more the bonus and less the movie

- And able to keep or create a menu

DVD Creator is not (yet) for me.

DVD Creator is not intended to be a replacement for DVDShrink--DVDFab DVD Copy can do most of those things. Note that Shrink does not allow frame-accurate editing, it is GOP level, which is about 12 frames in most cases. Customize mode in DVDFab will allow you to make a disc with any combination and default play of any of the audio or sub streams in the original. DVD Creator does not decrypt files and works by decoding and then re-encoding the input file into DVD-Video format, so VOBs with multiple audio would not be handled as you want them to be. This is also the reason the file size was increased: DVD Creator fully decodes the video, then re-encodes it even if the input is MPEG-2 already.

In its current version, DVD Creator is not an authoring tool, which I think is what you want it to be but more a tool for converting other file formats to DVD-Video.

Originally posted by grdvdfab View Post
    I tried DVD Creator (8.1.5.3) with a VOB file.
    - DVD Creator re-encoded it and doubled the size without any reason.
    - Only one audio track remains
    - All subtitles were removed
    - No menu created. I hoped that the product adds a simple menu with the movie title, the choice of the languages/audio track and the subtitles.

I'm waiting for years that DVDFab becomes able to replace DVDShrink and I dreamed that DVD Creator was the product to do it
    - Able to keep exactly what I want and ignore the rest
    - Able to fix the start and the final frame with accuracy
    - Able to choose the preferred language and subtitle
    - Able to compress more the bonus and less the movie

- And able to keep or create a menu

DVD Creator is not (yet) for me.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      DVD Creator does not decrypt files and works by decoding and then re-encoding the input file into DVD-Video format, so VOBs with multiple audio would not be handled as you want them to be. This is also the reason the file size was increased: DVD Creator fully decodes the video, then re-encodes it even if the input is MPEG-2 already.

In its current version, DVD Creator is not an authoring tool, which I think is what you want it to be but more a tool for converting other file formats to DVD-Video.
      I, too, am greatly disappointed with this product, but I thank you for this explanation. At least I won't spend any more time looking for the information.

I want an authoring tool, and I was hoping that DVDFab would create one that was up to the great quality I see in the other products so I could quit using the two or three other editing and authoring tools I need now. But in its current version, I can see absolutely no value at all in either of the Creator products.

Comment

All the DVDFab products have evolved over time and this one will also.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another disappointed purchaser

I, too, am disappointed with the current features (and support) for DVD Creator.

Signals "predicts" that it will evolve in time, but doesn't share any insight into his rationale, nor does he provide any time frame for this supposedly evolution. I predict it will remain the same as there is money to be made elsewhere within the product set. I hope I'm proved wrong, but???

Comment

My statement is based on almost a decade of using the product and frequent contact with the staff in Beijing. Yours is based on unsubstantiated guesses, so keep them to yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X