What is the point of DVD Creator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point of DVD Creator?

I am not trying to be rude, but I'm just trying to figure out the point of DVD creator (and Blu-Ray creator).

As someone who bought the lifetime subscription, when I first heard about DVD creator I was very happy. I haven't been able to find a decent tool that will take video files and make a DVD (complete with custom menu's, etc). Nothing flashy, just a nice DVD with a menu for each file on the disk.

Why couldn't we get a tool to do the above?

If I put 4 or 5 TV episodes through on DVD Creator, is it just going to create 1 big massive continuous video? What's the point of that?

Really would like to know what the point is with this product.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2012, 03:41 AM. Reason: remove mention of other software

Have you read this explanation?

Comment

Like all DVDfab options, they begin with basic functions and then are improved or have features added based on user requests and feedback.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Have you read this explanation?

http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-creator.htm
        Could I not just use Video Converter and then something like IMGBurn to burn all the files to disk?

DVD Creator isn't going to create a menu system so wouldn't the result be the same? I.E. A disk with all the files on it, but without any system in place to logically view it (I.E. Menu's etc).

Comment

Couldn't you use Video Converter and copy the files to disk with a DVD burning program?

Would the results not be the same? A DVD with files on it, but with no structure or menu system to view?

The webpage regarding DVD creator mentions putting home videos on DVD via this tool.

If I put say 50 home video clips through DVD creator, won't I just get a disk with the 50 clips playing back to back?

Without a menu system in place to pick and choose which video to watch, what's the point?

Comment

You're right up to a point I think. The thing that prompted me to buy this software was to have a good quality DVD output from my edited m2ts file. I don't really need this myself as I have gone down the track of a WDTV live media player networked to my home NAS but lets face it not everyone is that nerdy. I still need to output our holiday home movies to DVD for many of my less tech savvy family members.

That said I initially thought this would be a simple rendering issue within my favorite video editor Sony Vegas. Not so as I soon found out (well documented on the web). To cut to the chase I have found that although Vegas still does a great job of editing it is crap when it comes to turning HD to SD. When you start looking around for options there are many offered but after trying quite a few the resulting output is very very ordinary. I WAS BECOMING ALARMED!

Next I started looking at software I already had for a solution and found that DVD Fab was jumping in to this arena with DVD creator. Tried the trial and was impressed with the result apart from the water mark and I could only get 4:3 output from my 16:9 m2ts file.

So I bit the bullet and went the full package lifetime update thing. That got rid of the watermark but to date I am still stuck with the 4:3 output. I am sure this will be resolved but for the moment in desperation I have gone back to another of my old favorites NERO and found it does an excellent job of converting to DVD.

After having a pretty good look at what is out there for HD video editing I could sum up by saying there does not appear to be a single package out there that does everything you need. Sony > great editor crap converter. Nero > crap editor > good converter.

DVD Fab is I think sticking to what they do best which is video conversion and when they get it sorted they are at the top of the tree when it comes to quality and speed.

Comment

Surely it wouldn't take an Einstein to figure that one of the most important parts of a DVD is it's menu

I thought for a while that we would have all aspects of DVD and Blu ray processing covered but it looks like it has turned into an embarrassing fail, at least, so far.

For creating DVDs, other software would be hard to beat..
              Last edited by CBR929; 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM. Reason: forum rules

Comment

Not really the same. The output of Creator will play on a DVD player, i.e. it is DVD-Video compliant and contains IFO, BUP and VOB files in a VIDEO_TS folder.

Chris2u Note: DVDFab v9.0.1.7 Beta has menu generation suppport for DVD Creator, so don't be embarassed. The devs would like some feedback on the new Creator engine from standalone and software players so please try it.

Originally posted by Huffer View Post
                Couldn't you use Video Converter and copy the files to disk with a DVD burning program?

Would the results not be the same? A DVD with files on it, but with no structure or menu system to view?

The webpage regarding DVD creator mentions putting home videos on DVD via this tool.

If I put say 50 home video clips through DVD creator, won't I just get a disk with the 50 clips playing back to back?

Without a menu system in place to pick and choose which video to watch, what's the point?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X