Help PLEASE............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help PLEASE............

I posted a thread here previously in the general topics about using DVDFab to convert avi files into DVDs, it appears to have been deleted though.

From what was posted there I did use a trial of DVD Creator (which has now expired) to make one DVD okay, it had a logo of DVDFab imbedded in it which I assume will NOT happen if I buy DVD Creator?

Prior to buying it I have been reading this Forum and it seems there are many problems with it?

PLEASE confirm for me before I pay for it that the logo will NOT be in my DVDs, that DVD Creator does work as promised, and works with all the files it says it does and not just avi, like mp4 and wmw etc?

THANK YOU............

Hi David

1. I'll confirm that the logo will no longer be present.
    2. As far as working as promised, you well know that all Fab products are "Works-in-Progress". This means that bugs and lack of features will always rear their ugly heads until the developers know about and fix them.

Personally, I would have a look at any free software that came with your burner/PC first so that you can get a feel for what facilities that you actually need and then see if the Fab Creator will fill your bill.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you for your reply, and helpful comments.

I have had for many years a Lifetime Licence for the basic DVDFab which I do not use that much now, the main thing I use is just (as I guess you meant) the Windows DVD Maker that came with the computer, and it works okay, very slow but okay, however it ONLY transfers avi files to a DVD and ONLY if they are 150 minutes maximum.

Recently while wanting to create a DVD from a 156 minute avi file I did the 30 day free trial of DVD Creator and it did work well (except for the embedded logo which you said will be gone from the paid version).

So now I am considering paying for the DVD Creator, and I know from the trial period that it will create a DVD from my avi files, however I am reluctant to pay for it just to do the odd avi file that is over 150 minutes UNLESS it also transfers other file types (like mp4 and wmv etc) to DVD as it says it will on the website.

Comment

The logo is because it is in trial mode, it will not be there if you purchase it. How well this feature works also depends to some degree on the quality of the source files.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Again thank you.

Yes I understand about the logo NOT being there in the paid version, and I was happy with the one DVD I made using the trial version from an avi file on my computer.

My ONLY concern is that DVD Creator WILL work with files other than avi ones, in particular mp4 and wmv ones, which in my experience are usually as good as or even better quality than avi ones?

Also I just looked into ordering it and paying for it and it says it will be done via Avangate, please confirm this IS correct, and also it will just show up with my DVDFab not separately?

Comment

It will be added to your DVDFab key, you will need to download a new one after the purchase is added. You can check your list in the Member center to see when it shows up, usually just a few minutes after the purchase. It should work fine with the other file types you mentioned. I have done a couple of MP4s to test it and they were fine. Again, the success rate may depend on how the file you are trying to convert was made (codec version and profile, audio stream type, etc.) Avangate is correct.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Again, thank you.

I will give it a go then, just I am a Pensioner and I do not want to spend that much money and then find out it does not work.

Comment

Okay, decided to go for it, paid for it and it downloaded/installed very simply.

Have tried it so far just once, a 156 minute avi file and it worked well, no logos etc, just hope it will work with other formats other than avi.

One question please, how do I update this software if/when needed, does it just update when I update my normal DVDFab or does it have its own updates?

Thank you.....................

Comment

Just update your Fab as usual but as there are continual changes to Creator, always update to the latest Beta.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Will do that then, I normally only do each official update but will now do betas as well.

Again thank you...............

Comment

Okay, just tried it for the second time this morning and it did NOT work, I was very disappointed at first however it may not be the fault of the software?

Several times I tried it and each time it stuck/froze at 0.94% and the encoding fps slowly dropped to zero, oddly however (I thought) the preview kept going, showing a quite decent image.

After I gave up I went back to the software I have used for years, the free Windows DVD Maker and it did make a DVD okay, however when I watched it the colour was all over the place, sometimes no colour other times like a rainbow.

So I am guessing here, PLEASE confirm or not, that IF the file is not of a fairly good quality the DVD Creator just does NOT make a DVD, yes ???

I later tried a different file, better one, and it did work okay.

Comment

Can't confirm that but it sounds like the encode of the file was of crap quality which may cause the problem.

Where did you get the original file? If from a torrent site, the chances are good that it's a crap encode.

May be an idea to post the details of the file using MediaIno.

Comment

Okay, I am NOT worried, as I said I later made a good DVD with DVD Creator using another different better quality avi file.

Also as I said Windows DVD Maker did make a DVD of the lower quality avi file but it was basically not worth watching, so I am just curious really to know about what DVD Creator did, it just seemed to refuse to make a DVD because of the low quality of the first avi file, NOT complaining as it saved me wasting a blank DVD, just curious to know if this is by design or some other reason?

Thanks...............

Comment

No idea and suggest you will not get an answer.

Comment

Why make DVD's anyway?

Use a Media Player....

Comment

Working...
                              X