Is there any way around this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way around this???

My DVD Creator is now working again, except for that end of trial message still being there, and it works great with just a smallish file, like a TV show etc, however I just tried to create a DVD with it from a larger file, a movie, and it will not let me, keeps saying I need to use a dual layer DVD and not a single layer one.

I am guessing (sadly) that DVD Creator does not work like the main DVD Fab and allow you to shrink the files onto a normal DVD?

Any help PLEASE..................

David
    What version are you using? See the screen capture for settings.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I am now using the latest version 8218, and after many many years of using DVD Fab have never had this problem and have never used dual layer DVDs.

I just checked all the main settings for my DVD Fab and they seem okay including set to DVD5, however on checking that image you posted, for which I thank you the setting you highlighted was on DVD9 NOT DVD5, have changed that and now trying again, seems to be working okay now, THANK YOU..............

Comment

Okay, it now worked perfectly, except for that end of trial message.

I cannot believe that the solution was so simple, and right in front of me , as I said I checked all the main settings but missed that one you pointed out.

THANK YOU so much................

Comment

Thanks again for that help, just did another one and VERY pleased with the result, only that end of trial message still, but the DVD was great.

Of course I now knew about selecting DVD5 instead of DVD9 , just wondering though will I have to just remember that every time or is there some way to change the settings permanently?

Thanks..................

Comment

Guess I will just have to remember to change it every time.

Comment

I just made another DVD using Creator, a show over 2 hours long, worked perfectly except for that end of trial message still and having to remember to select DVD5 before I started.

I then wanted to make more copies of this DVD, but could not see any way of doing it, can you only make one copy with Creator, unlike DVDFab which after you make a copy gives you the choice of making more copies ?

I then opened my DVDFab and was able to make more copies that way, however I noticed it also now (NEVER has before) was set to DVD9 but as with Creator let me select back to DVD5.

Is there any way to set either or preferably both of these permanently to DVD5?

Thank you...................

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                I just made another DVD using Creator, a show over 2 hours long, worked perfectly except for that end of trial message still and having to remember to select DVD5 before I started.

I then wanted to make more copies of this DVD, but could not see any way of doing it, can you only make one copy with Creator, unlike DVDFab which after you make a copy gives you the choice of making more copies ?

I then opened my DVDFab and was able to make more copies that way, however I noticed it also now (NEVER has before) was set to DVD9 but as with Creator let me select back to DVD5.

Is there any way to set either or preferably both of these permanently to DVD5?

Thank you...................
                You can go to Common Setting->DVD Copy, then change "Default output size" to DVD5. And save it

Comment

Okay, have done that now, see how it goes, thank you.

Will that now apply to DVD Creator too, or only DVDFab?

Comment

geilee,

Just made another DVD with Creator, and YES it was set to DVD5, in answer to my own question earlier, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X