This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle does not work

Hello, I ahve a 13GB .mkv file, and a subtitle .srt file that work perfectly together when using VLC media player.

I have tried to use Creator on DVDFab 9.0.5.0, burning to a 25GB BD-R disk, and the resulting video and audio result is perfect, except that there is no subtitle which I need ( I am hearing impaired).

When setting up Creator, in the Summary panel on the right hand side of the screen, the external subtitle file name is definitely shown, and identified as "en".

Can anyone please tell me what might be going wrong?

regards,
    Jill

Please update to the latest version v9.0.5.5 try it again.

Comment

Thank you for this advice, but does ver 9.0.5.5 specifically address this p[roblem? I don't want to waste expensive BD-R disks

Comment

Building it to an ISO and testing it in a software player before burning is a good practice.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy, good idea. Am also going to buy a BD-RE disk tomorrow.

Comment

Right, as advised above, I deleted 9.0.5.0 and then downloaded and installed the trial version of 9.0.5.5.

I found the Creator mode now doesn't work at all. Output is shown at zero percent all the time, and the Task Time Left just keeps increasing - it is now up to 10 hours after 5 minutes running

Comment

JillB
              Please obtain (free) MediaInfo if you do not have it. Let it analyze the mkv source file and post the results here, along with the DVDFab internal log from the stalled conversion.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@JillB

May I beg to ask the question why you are even bothering to burn the MKV to a disk anyhow?

Most modern Blu-Ray players should have a USB input where you can play the MKV directly from.

This could be far more convenient and cheaper for you with less hassles.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi signals, here are the files attached for the Creator run of Ver 9.0.5.5 as requested. Remember this did run OK for 9.0.5.0, except that the external subtitle was not in the Output disk.

I have included two screen dumps, one as I was setting up, the other after 5 minutes running showing the 12 hours task time left
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi again signals, have a attached a better version of the media info file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jillie, Jillie, Jillie

You should know by now that "Pirated" titles will receive a rap on the knuckles and no support here and it is quite obvious that this is a torrented file.

It already has about 40 different subs embedded within the stream also. Try playing it with VLC without the external SRT present and you will see what I mean when you use VLC's subtitle control.

Also, transcoding of torrented files can range from very good to atrocious so it is very hard to pin down actual problems.

Hence my question about your BD player???
                      Last edited by GregiBoy; 08-04-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Yes GregiBoy, I was aware that this was downloaded from somewhere via a torrent, but thought it an interesting one for the DVDFab developers ( I used to work in IT many years ago) , because there is obviously a bug in the software of ver 9.0.5.5 that was not in the earlier version of V9.0.5.0 ( apart from not having a subtitle).

From what you are saying, I can not expect a reply. Hopefully their next version will have fixed the problem.

Haven't been able to try your suggestion of transferring the .mkv and the .srt files to a 16 GB USB stick, or burning them direct to a BD-RE disk, as I don't have either at the moment. Will let you know how it goes.

Many thanks for your support,

Comment

Glad to be of assistance.

Let me know how you get on playing directly without any conversion, etc because, IMHO, ANY transcoding always causes a lack of quality.

Comment

Hi JillB
                            Give this a read through before posting again Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X