Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL DVD improper creation

Hello

I'm testing DVD Creator and Bluray Copy to DVD.

DVD Creator:

PAL option doesn't work as expected. VOB frame size is 720x480 not 720 x 576 as expected for PAL system, even for 25 fps sources. Additionally, if source video is 23.976 fps, VOB file is 23.976 fps too. It should be 25 fps for PAL.

Bluray Copy to DVD doesn't have choice between NTSC and PAL in opitons dialog.

ArtS

What version number of DVDFab are you using? Please post in the BD to DVD forum (or the Support forum for the specific module that presents a problem). I will move this thread there.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm sorry for wrong placed post. I'm practically new to this forum. Registered some time ago but yesterday I bought your product and testing it.

My current version of DVDFab is 9.1.1.9.

I have tested some combinations of sources in DVD Creator.

1. Mkv recorded from TV. 1080i 25 fps (European HDTV). After conversion do DVD the resulting VOB file became NTSC frame size (720x480) but remain 25 fps (proper for PAL).
      2. Mkv ripped from BluRay. 720p 23.976 fps. After convertion to DVD the resulting VOB became NTSC frame size (720x480) and remain 23.976 fps. Finally this is clear NTSC.
      In both cases I checked PAL checkbox before convertion.

I know, that change of fps is not easy but resize to 720x576 for PAL should be easy.

I'm courios man, so I tested one of those cases in DVDFab 8.2.2.9. Reasult was the same. NTSC frame size not PAL as I expected.

I have tried BluRay to DVD Converter but there is no options for choice between NTSC and PAL convertion.

ArtS
      Last edited by ArtS; 12-20-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

It's OK Art, I have seen others post this same issue of PAL sizing, may be something in the profile or preset that needs to be fixed, I will pass it along to the QA Team.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for response.

I edited profile which convert BD to DVD. I have changed frame size from 720x480 to 720x576. Then I started sample convertion from BD to DVD. Result frame size was 720x576 as expected. Speed remain the same as original (23.976 fps). Almost good.

But I checked result files with MediaInfo. VOB frame size was good (PAL), but IFO frame size remain as NTSC. This is imcompatible with DVD specification, that says that IFO and coresponding VOBs must be the same type.

Although I set 16:9 for conversion, result VOB was played in VLC Player as 4:3. Maybe I have to change something else in profile to get proper results?

Of course it is experimental only. I'll be waiting for some improvements made by your development team.

ArtS
          Last edited by ArtS; 12-21-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Sorry for new post, but Edit is not visible.

Minor Update:

I have mentioned before: Although I set 16:9 for conversion, result VOB was played in VLC Player as 4:3.

I checked the same file in Windows Media Player and it was played correctly as 16:9 movie. MediaInfo also report 16:9, so my confusion with VLC.

ArtS

Comment

The ability to edit a post goes away after a short period, so that the forum always has a paper (or pixel) trail.

I have experienced this problem many times with VLC, it seems to go away if you play the movie by opening the VIDEO_TS.IFO file rather than playing one of the VOBs. Try DVDFab Media Player, it is free forever for playing non-disc content without menus and any type of standalone video file including DVD and BD ISOs.

Comment

Working...
              X