Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvd onto bluray disc

Hello Can anybody help.
    Is it possible to convert DVD vob to bluray.
    I don't mean to upscale or anything I just want to put a whole DVD boxset on a single bluray disc and for it to play through my bluray player. I understand DVDfab bluray creator can author this so the episodes have a menu when the disc is inserted.
    Wondering if this could be done keeping the original resolution of the DVD 720x 576.
    Tried this quite a while ago but found one single 25min episode had about 6 different vob files and I didn't know to combine them.
    Regards
    Bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

There is no practical way to do this that I can think of. You can store DVD-Video folders on a Blu-ray disc, but you would have to play them on a PC, not a standalone player. You should probably update your DVDFab installation.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD on BLURAY DISC

Hello
      Thank you for your reply Signals.
      Would updating my DVDfab allow me to do this, I dont mind buying Bluray creator if it will allow me to do this.
      VOB files are listed by DVDfab Bluray creator as a supported file
      Regards
      Bobt47
      DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
      Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
      Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

There is a 'non' DVDFab application that's able to directly re-mux MPEG-2 VOB files into a very basic but compliant Blu-ray disc structure. It does not offer menus though...

Once you have the compliant .m2ts streams you might be able to use DVDFab or other applications to create your menus
        Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 10-08-2014, 08:55 PM.
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

DVD to Blu-ray

We are developing a DVD to Blu-ray function.

Comment

Originally posted by lixichen View Post
            We are developing a DVD to Blu-ray function.
            And here it is... Nice one
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

It is ideal for consolidating DVD TV episode discs. It also has its own forum now, shared with the Blu-ray to DVD module: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/forumdisplay.php?f=37
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X