Needed improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed improvements

I have been using the DVD Creator to make DVDs of our very old 8mm film that I have converted to digital. For these films I create special menus. I usually have 8 or 9 MP4's included as Scenes. I have made this work but it is cumbersome because once you create the DVD folders the text that you add is not aligned where you placed it. And once you create the DVD folders you cannot go back and adjust something. You have to start over from scratch.

So I would think it would be nice to have a textfile that can be saved that stores where everything is. Paths to mp4's, text placement with fontsize and color etc. Path to the background image etc. That way you don't have to start over from scratch every single time.

Karloff
    Do you mean that the menu text moves after you drag it to some different spot on the screen? And I am not clear on the "can't go back" problem you mentioned, you should be able to go back to check things before you click Start using the next/previous arrows in the menu editing screen.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, you have to press Start in order to create the DVD Folders with the final product. It is not until you watch the final product that you find that the text you have moved / placed has moved to another location. ( this seems to be text related to title of the Scenes) When you are designing the placement of the text for the scenes they appear to be center justified. But after creation they move to be left justified.

So once I clicked start and the creator finished I watched the resulting menu and wanted to move the text but had to start all over again from scratch since it was not saved (no way to go back).

I added a Jpg showing one page of my menu (Scenes). This is how it turned out. But when designing it they were center justified to filmstrip instead of left justified as in this example.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I see what you mean now. I have had them move while generating the menu but not after actually creating it. I wonder if perhaps it is related to the aspect ratio of the content? You can see screen captures of some I made that I dragged all over the place but they wound up on the output just as you see them. They are in post #1 of this thread: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26254 I will try to duplicate what you are seeing.

You might also be interested in the "condensed" menu suggestion from TitanFan in post #4.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X