Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it would be so simple

I must be having a senior moment.

I could not find any CREATOR instruction in the DVDFAB 10 Manual, is there a separate manual for it?

The limited instructions on the DVDFAB web site don't have details on what each of the setting options mean, and they say to hit NEXT after each option. My 10.2.1.3 doesn't give me a NEXT button on any of the CREATOR Screens.

...but the SW seemed pretty intuitive so I gave it a shot

I have two home video clips (totaling about 5 GB) that I want to place on a DVD and be able to choose either one from the menu depending on which I want to play at the time.

1 I drag both clips to the work area in Creator. The Titles appear their
    2 I click on the Creator Menu settings icon and the default menu template appears with an icon for only the first Title, not both
    3 I click the ">" on the bottom and it takes me to a sub menu that shows 2 icons, one for each Title. I would prefer to just have both Titles on the first menu, but cant find a way to do that so I accept that the DVD will require me to navigate from the first menu to the Sub Menu before I can select which Title to play. so I hit OK
    4 I click the tools icon in the main CREATOR screen and enter the Volume Label, DVD5, Fit to disk, NTSC and 16:9
    5 Playback Mode offers only "Start from Menu and play titles sequentially" and "Start from First Tittle and play titles sequentially". I don't want to play the titles sequentially. I want to be able to chose whichever, whenever I want, so I un-check both options and hit OK.
    6 I START the process. The clips are converted and the DVD is created, but when I try to play it, I only get the first Menu with only the first title. I cant move to the Sub menu to see both titles, I can only play the first title from that screen.

my question is:
    What do I have to set, in order to get Both Titles to appear on the First Menu when I insert the DVD, and be able to select which title to play, without having to playing both, sequentially or otherwise?

Thanx
    DCE

Hi DCE,

5 Playback Mode offers only "Start from Menu and play titles sequentially" and "Start from First Tittle and play titles sequentially". I don't want to play the titles sequentially. I want to be able to chose whichever, whenever I want, so I un-check both options and hit OK.
    --If you don't want either, what you want it to be? Please kindly explain, thanks.
    BTW, uncheck both options could be a bug.

6 I START the process. The clips are converted and the DVD is created, but when I try to play it, I only get the first Menu with only the first title. I cant move to the Sub menu to see both titles, I can only play the first title from that screen.
    --I've tested with the same DVDFab version and loaded two clips for the conversion, ticked option "Start from Menu and play titles sequentially", used DVDFab Player 5 and VLC as playback software, menu mode, I can witch to the sub menu using the “scenes” button under the "Play" button
    Click image for larger version  Name:	scenes.png Views:	1 Size:	460.2 KB ID:	359133

I've also tried your way of uncheck both options under Playback Mode, the resulted DVD will playback from the first title and then to the second title.

So,
    1. what player did you use for playback?
    2. which menu template did you use?
    3. please post dvdfab_internal.log file and some screenshots that you think could be help checking this problem from your side.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Posted by DCE1511
      I have two home video clips (totaling about 5 GB) that I want to place on a DVD and be able to choose either one from the menu depending on which I want to play at the time.
      Remember you can only put 4.5 gbs on a regular DVD.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanx for the responses

I am using Cyberlink to view the disk. I get a similar screen to the one that you show, in that it only shows one title. the titles play sequentially (first then second) whether I click the picture, or select Play. No option is offered to play just the second clip or just the first clip.

Id like to have the opening menu show both titles, and be allowed to play only the one that I select. I have seen this menu format play out using Cyberlink, but it has always been with store bought DVDs of TV Seasons. In those cases I have had the OPTION to have all episodes play sequentially, but I generally chose only the episode I want. I can live with having sequential play as an OPTION on my disk, but prefer that it not be the Default Option and definitely not the only Option.

I am surprised that, given the two PLAYBACK MODE options both have "....play titles sequentially", that un-selecting both also plays both titles sequentially. But as you said, it may be a bug.

I did select Fit to Disk, so I had expected the clips to be compressed from 5G down to fit on my DVD 5 media.

Hope that helps solve the mystery,
        DCE

Comment

I am using Cyberlink to view the disk. I get a similar screen to the one that you show, in that it only shows one title. the titles play sequentially (first then second) whether I click the picture, or select Play. No option is offered to play just the second clip or just the first clip.
          Switch to the Scenes option, it shall display the second title. See example. You can click on the second one to play it directly. Click image for larger version  Name:	scenes.png Views:	1 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	359228

Id like to have the opening menu show both titles, and be allowed to play only the one that I select. I have seen this menu format play out using Cyberlink, but it has always been with store bought DVDs of TV Seasons. In those cases I have had the OPTION to have all episodes play sequentially, but I generally chose only the episode I want. I can live with having sequential play as an OPTION on my disk, but prefer that it not be the Default Option and definitely not the only Option.
          Our developers are working on improving the menu feature of Creator. About your feature request of "have the opening menu show both titles", I will pass it to the product manager first. Thanks.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Many Thanx,

DCE

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Switch to the Scenes option, it shall display the second title. See example. You can click on the second one to play it directly. Click image for larger version Name:	scenes.png Views:	1 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	359228

Our developers are working on improving the menu feature of Creator. About your feature request of "have the opening menu show both titles", I will pass it to the product manager first. Thanks.

Regards,
              Mona
              Any news on this update? I'm interested in buying this add-on but want my menus just like the original poster here.

Comment

Working...
              X