This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Creator does not finish encoding

DVDFab has been working flawlessly for me for many months until now.

Running version 12.0.6.2. I reinstalled it a few times but no improvement.

When I create a BD image ISO from a MP4 the encoding starts as normal, runs the first pass to 100% just fine, and then it is supposed to do that quick second pass and finish but it doesn't. It just sits there a very long time with the GPU going to 50% and I need to manually cancel the operation. It fails with MP4 files that worked properly in the past.

I back up my system every few days. I used a backup that had V12.0.6.0 and the encoding and ISO came out fine, just like all the previous versions.

I then updated 12.0.6.0 to 12.0.6.2 the encoding/ISO failure happens all the time.

There is something different with V 12.0.6.2 affecting this. I have supplied some log files, please let me know if more are needed

Any suggestions as I'm stopped dead in my tracks generating BD ISOs

Attached Files

Hi fussybob, having a similar experience myself with this new version of Blu-ray Creator. Only with me, it goes through the encoding process fine and then hangs when it reaches 100%. Where the next step should be DVDFab activating Imgburn to write the ISO file -nothing happens!! And no ISO created. I tried raising a ticket, even sent log files etc, but Rains customer support was generic to say the least -"disable all GPU codecs and try again". This response never tackled the issues raised directly and was basically a waste of time. And why should I disable the GPU codecs when all previous versions work perfectly with the GPU codecs enabled? Obviously something has changed(?) with my responses being completely ignored! I'm finding more and more now that the customer support from DVDFab has seriously nosed dived to what it used to be. I've reverted back to version 12.0.6.1. as this works perfectly and does what it's supposed to do! All I can suggest is stick to a previous version my friend. As for DVDFab customer support -they're not interested!

Comment

Thanks! Looks like we have the same problem. Can you install 12.0.6.1 over 6.0.6.2? Where do you find previous versions to download?

It’s now very obvious that something changed in 12.0.6.2 and they should fix it.

Comment

Something (has) definitely changed ... and not for the better!

As for installing one version over another, it is (always) advisable to do a clean uninstall of one version, and checking in your C drive for any DVDFab related documents that may remain (and then manually delete them as well), before reinstalling a new version. I use Windows uninstall programme in Control Panel > Programs And Features, then run CCleaner Professional Edition to clean up the registry followed by System Mechanic -just in case. This makes sure no files etc remain from the previous DVDFab software. Then restart your pc and you're good to go to install DVDFab again.

Also a good idea to make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date as well. Always best to cover your back.

As for previous versions; DVDFab's "Extended Download Service". It's a one-off payment and worth every penny in my mind. Giving you access to all previous versions of your purchased Fab software; DVDFab, StreamFab etc. It's available to purchase on your account page.

If this isn't a route you want to travel merely revert back to V12.0.6.0 which you indicate works successfully. Just make sure you do a 'clean' uninstall of the current version on your pc first.

Eventually someone at DVDFab will acknowledge there's a genuine issue with the latest update of Blu-ray Creator and actually do something about it! Who knows, they may even be reading this forum posting right now!! One thing's for certain, it's waste of time reporting it to customer support....

Hope the above helps my friend.

Happy Blu-ray creating
        Last edited by littlebluealien; 02-20-2022, 06:16 AM.

Comment

My concern is if I uninstall the current version (I use Revo and CCcleaner) do I lose my activation key? I have added so much work related data to my C drive with V12.0.6.2 on it that it is very hard to perform a restore of the backup with V12.0.6.0 without a lot grief to move all the new data and app tweaks, etc.

Yes hopefully the DVDfab people will read this and see what has changed from 12.0.6.1 to cause the issue.

Comment

With regards to your activation key, I'm afraid I cannot advise, and on that you would need to ask 'customer support' -better to know for sure. I purchased the lifetime licenses for all of my Fab products, so uninstalling and reinstalling has no issues with license applicability. I don't understand when you say that you've added "..so much work related data to my C drive with V12.0.6.2..". Surely whatever you've added to your C drive with regards to 'work related data' it's independent of DVDFab folders? And if the folder (is) within the DVDFab folder, just copy and paste it elsewhere on your drive. That way, it won't be lost if the worst did happen.

Plus, aren't you going to face the same "..a lot grief to move all the new data and app tweaks, etc.." when DVDFab do eventually release an update -coz you'll reinstall the new version anyway? Although I guess reinstalling over the current version would retain any personalisation's you may have made to background templates etc within the software. However, bear in mind, continually overlaying one version over an existing one does in itself pose the risk that eventually it may become corrupted and then you would have to do a complete 'clean' uninstall / reinstall.

I create my own backgrounds / thumbnails etc for each title I burn to Blu-ray in separate folders on my 'D' drive. That way when I update to the latest version, granted my templates have all reverted back to Blu-ray Creator's defaults, but it's no real hassle adding the backgrounds etc back again and 'saving' as a default within the program -coz I already have them saved in their own dedicated folder.

Sorry if I'm not being much help here dude. Difficult to appreciate another's situation when only going by forum posts!!

My first bit of advice remains your priority though, ask customer support about your 'activation key'. Once you know where you stand with that, you'll know what your next step can be.

And currently as it stands -v.12.0.6.2. doesn't work. So your choice remains the requirement to either backward step to a previous working version or wait for DVDFab to sort this out! If they even recognise there is an issue to resolve. Personal experience with their support says 'don't hold your breathe for a quick fix'.

Last edited by littlebluealien; 02-20-2022, 09:41 AM.

Comment

In my home job I have a lot of emails with attachments from clients, CAD drawings, PDF’s, photos, etc. that are stored all over my C hard drive and other drives, Thus it isn’t easy for me to go back and restore my HD to where it was a week or so go and have all my current data intact that I need now and at a later time. I would lose all that with a HD restore.

The bottom line is that I made a backup of my current drive with V12.0.6.2 on it to preserve my data while I play with this Creator problem. I found V12.0.6.1, installed it over V12.0.6.2 without any issues and Creator now works just fine! I now have that C drive image on an external HD that I can boot from and use V12.0.6.1 but also allows me to use my more current internal HD with my current work files and V12.0.6.2 that can be updated without any possible DVDfab app corruption.

The DVDfab people still need to fix the flaw(s) in V12.0.6.2..........

Comment

Result dude! I would still consider investing in DVDFab's "Extended Download Service". As added insurance. You were fortunate to have found V12.0.6.1 but with the extended download service, you wouldn't need to go 'searching' through various drives etc. The version you want would be right there on your DVDFab account page. Worth considering anyway... Not sure I understand why you would need to restore your HD to where it was a week ago? A clean install is just removing the current version of Fab, making sure all remaining Fab related program files are deleted (manually), using CCleaner etc to clean the registry safely etc and restarting your PC before reinstalling DVDFab again. Doesn't involve restoring your drive to an earlier time.. Sorry if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here!!

Comment

I guess that I’m no clear in my posts I was only going to restore from a week ago because I had V12.0.6.0 working on that backup image. I didn’t have a copy of that DVDfab version saved to reinstall again. I cloned my current internal C drive with V12.0.6.2 on it to an external hard drive, installed a located V12.0.6.1 over the faulty V12.0.6.2 just to preserve my activation key that could disappear if I uninstalled V12.0.6.2 first. I now just boot from my external HD when I use DVDfab and use my internal C drive for my daily work and it has the flawed V12.0.6.2 on which I will update when the fix comes out in a later version. All this was super easy to do and still kept my activation key intact. My main goal doing it this way was to eliminate the hassle of getting an activation key if I lost it in the uninstall.

Comment

I like your confidence that DVDFab will correct this issue -first they have to acknowledge that there is one. And like I said, my recent experience with customer support with regards to this precise problem when reporting it to them is that they aren't willing to do so.

Comment

I hope they fix it, but if not, V12.0.6.1 works fine for me right now and can use it for an extremely long time as it is for my needs.

Comment

Well today's new update version 12.0.6.3 didn't fix the problem. Back to 12.0.6.1...............................

Comment

Yes I know!! I have just raised another ticket with customer support about this (and) directed them to this post.. Maybe someone will now actually acknowledge there IS a problem!

Comment

I generated a ticket also a few hours ago and linked to this post. The reply was keep it at the post level. Well no one from DVDfab is taking part in this post.........

Comment

Great news dude. Mona has picked up my ticket regarding this ongoing issue and has passed it to the Q&A Team to investigate. I have total confidence in Mona.

Comment

Working...
                              X