Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.9.6 (Win) Subtilte options?

Subtitles are a little large. Smallest settng available still too big. Currently smallest is 16. 12 would be much better. Also the quality of the text is not great. After playing with both creators trials I purchased the DVD creator. But never tried the sub titles with the trial. The original subtiltes before being processed and authored to a DVD looked a lot better.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CC Example.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.3 KB ID:	429133
    Last edited by Rich A; 08-13-2023, 04:40 AM.

Is it an external subtitle file?
    If so, please send it to us, also, please provide a screenshot of the subtitle settings window, and we will test it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Is it an external subtitle file?
      If so, please send it to us, also, please provide a screenshot of the subtitle settings window, and we will test it first.
      No it's not an external subtitle file. Is an internal subtitle of a downloaded TV show. The file was one of many I've been downloading in past couple years with my StreamFab application downloading shows from Netflix, Paramount Plus and others. All the downloaded shows using StreamFab have subtitles and do play perfectly and show subtitles correctly with any multimedia player.

I just noticed the final result of a DVD Creator and how the subtitles are not exactly the same as the original downloaded video as seen when played with a media player. Seems like the "font" being used by DVD Creator is different than the original video's subtitle font ??

This is my first use of a newly purchased DVDFab DVD Creator. Still learning how to use it. There is no external subtitle file info etc. and the DVD/ISO creation process is using the internal subtitles of the downloaded video.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich A View Post

No it's not an external subtitle file. Is an internal subtitle of a downloaded TV show. The file was one of many I've been downloading in past couple years with my StreamFab application downloading shows from Netflix, Paramount Plus and others. All the downloaded shows using StreamFab have subtitles and do play perfectly and show subtitles correctly with any multimedia player.

I just noticed the final result of a DVD Creator and how the subtitles are not exactly the same as the original downloaded video as seen when played with a media player. Seems like the "font" being used by DVD Creator is different than the original video's subtitle font ??

This is my first use of a newly purchased DVDFab DVD Creator. Still learning how to use it. There is no external subtitle file info etc. and the DVD/ISO creation process is using the internal subtitles of the downloaded video.
        found this - The standard font size for subtitling is around 22 points

Comment

Still evaluating DVDFab blu-ray creator. Having additional problems. Can not get finished BD to play back anywhere with menus. Not on PC or stand alone set top player. Just locks up everything.

First problem when I started the Blu-Ray creator app was I got this: ​

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab BD Creator.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	429682

I of course said "NO" and continued. And the finished disc will not play back correctly on PC. Gives me an error that PC does not have JAVA installed and without Java no BD menus can be used. Want's me to install Java Runtime OR says I can just playback the disc without menus.

So I opted to play back the disc without menus which works. I then installed the JAVA run time so I could play back the disc I just burned WITH menus. And the addition of the Java runtime TOTALLY screwed up my windows 11 system. Had to disconnect everything and shut down and restart PC and then UN-install the Java run time just to get my system working again.

My blu ray burner IS updated to work with Ultra 4K video with the latest firmware etc. So do I need to DOWNGRADE my burner's firmware in order to get menus to work ?? What the is that reference to a "backup drive" and what is that all about ??
          Attached Files

Comment

Still evaluating DVDFab blu-ray creator. Having additional problems. Can not get finished BD to play back anywhere with menus. Not on PC or stand alone set top player. Just locks up everything.

I of course said "NO" and continued. And the finished disc will not play back correctly on PC. Gives me an error that PC does not have JAVA installed and without Java no BD menus can be used. Want's me to install Java Runtime OR says I can just playback the disc without menus.

So I opted to play back the disc without menus which works. I then installed the JAVA run time so I could play back the disc I just burned WITH menus. And the addition of the Java runtime TOTALLY screwed up my windows 11 system. Had to disconnect everything and shut down and restart PC and then UN-install the Java run time just to get my system working again.

My blu ray burner IS updated to work with Ultra 4K video with the latest firmware etc. So do I need to DOWNGRADE my burner's firmware in order to get menus to work ?? What the is that reference to a "backup drive" and what is that all about ??
            you need to downgrade the firmware on your 4K drive in order to copy 4K discs.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab BD Creator.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	429682

What firmware version is installed in your drive and where did it come from?
              What title are you working on and is it a blu-ray or 4KUHD disc?
              Last edited by Rich86; 08-26-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post

What firmware version is installed in your drive and where did it come from?
                What title are you working on and is it a blu-ray or 4KUHD disc?
                Drive is brand new ASUS BW-16D1HT that came with Firmware v3.10 UHD Unlocked . The orignal video was obtained using StreamFab from paramount plus .. and is HD 1920 x 1080 with 5.1 sound. I have it saved to my collection (PC SSD) and it plays perflectly using my HTPC and TV with sub titles etc. as was stored on the HTPC's SSD.

I HAVE used that same HD source video with the DVDFab DVD creator and DVDs burned with that same burner work perfectly. But the same source file used wth this trial version of DVDFab Blu-Ray creator used to author a 25 gb blu-Ray HD (1080) disk won't play properly at all. For testing I actually burned the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Picard to that BD disk. Already have successfully burned the whole Season 3 onto three DVD-9 DL DVDs without any problems using the DVD creator. I BOUGHT the DVD verssion and was satisfied enough to try the Blu-Ray version ... which has the problems mentioned.

Unrelated Note. Don't know how or why my user name got changed from Rich A to Rich86 ?? FWIW I AM Rich A not the 86 version
                Last edited by Rich A; 08-27-2023, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Drive is brand new ASUS BW-16D1HT that came with Firmware v3.10 UHD Unlocked . The orignal video was obtained using StreamFab from paramount plus .. and is HD 1920 x 1080 with 5.1 sound. I have it saved to my collection (PC SSD) and it plays perflectly using my HTPC and TV with sub titles etc. as was stored on the HTPC's SSD.

I HAVE used that same HD source video with the DVDFab DVD creator and DVDs burned with that same burner work perfectly. But the same source file used wth this trial version of DVDFab Blu-Ray creator used to author a 25 gb blu-Ray HD (1080) disk won't play properly at all. For testing I actually burned the first 3 episodes of Season 3 of Picard to that BD disk. Already have successfully burned the whole Season 3 onto three DVD-9 DL DVDs without any problems using the DVD creator. I BOUGHT the DVD verssion and was satisfied enough to try the Blu-Ray version ... which has the problems mentioned.

Unrelated Note. Don't know how or why my user name got changed from Rich A to Rich86 ?? FWIW I AM Rich A not the 86 version
                  perhaps try what is posted in post #42 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ge3#post426056
                  also how fast are you burning your discs ?? try burning at 4x speed.
                  Last edited by october262; 08-27-2023, 12:20 AM.

Comment

what issue are you having with the menus ?? are you trying to create a disc like a store bought blu-ray ?

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

what issue are you having with the menus ?? are you trying to create a disc like a store bought blu-ray ?
                      I've since further found new info concerning "Menus" which should better explain my menu comment. Yes, I'm burning a disc that has the simple normal MENUS for navigation and option selection like a normal commercially produced video movie Blu-ray. When I use the Blu ray creator to author the Blu Ray disc it DOES build a normal proper disk WITH the menus and video. But when I try to play that disc the player (an LG set top blu-ray player) it just locks up.

So I tried playing the disk using my PC and that is when I found the same problem. BUT the computer additionally pops up a error that says it can not play the MENU because the PC does not have JAVA installed. And at that point the media player I'm using offers to PLAY the video content automatically in sequence one at a time WITHOUT menus. So the three video files DO play perfectly .. but I can only use it as a NON - Menu disc and just play the videos that way manually. AND then only with the PC that has a smarter PC based media player. The same disc used in a set top blu-ray player also can't play it and isn't smart enough to offer me the option to ignore the non working menus and just play the video content, so it just locks up.

And before you ask, Yes I tried installing the Java run time and THAT created a whole new bunch of problems. The worst of which is WITH Java installed, trying to play the disc now locks up the computer completely.. requiring a hard shut down. So I've since un-stalled Java and so far have given up on playing my blu-ray Creator made disks. FWIW, store bought commercial Blu ray disks DO play fine on the set top player BUT also do NOT play on the PC. DVDs play fine everywhere. This "blu ray" stuff is new to me.

Also have been in contact with the place I bought the new burner and he is going to get back to me within the next 24 hours.

Comment

I've since further found new info concerning "Menus" which should better explain my menu comment. Yes, I'm burning a disc that has the simple normal MENUS for navigation and option selection like a normal commercially produced video movie Blu-ray. When I use the Blu ray creator to author the Blu Ray disc it DOES build a normal proper disk WITH the menus and video. But when I try to play that disc the player (an LG set top blu-ray player) it just locks up.

So I tried playing the disk using my PC and that is when I found the same problem. BUT the computer additionally pops up a error that says it can not play the MENU because the PC does not have JAVA installed. And at that point the media player I'm using offers to PLAY the video content automatically in sequence one at a time WITHOUT menus. So the three video files DO play perfectly .. but I can only use it as a NON - Menu disc and just play the videos that way manually. AND then only with the PC that has a smarter PC based media player. The same disc used in a set top blu-ray player also can't play it and isn't smart enough to offer me the option to ignore the non working menus and just play the video content, so it just locks up.

And before you ask, Yes I tried installing the Java run time and THAT created a whole new bunch of problems. The worst of which is WITH Java installed, trying to play the disc now locks up the computer completely.. requiring a hard shut down. So I've since un-stalled Java and so far have given up on playing my blu-ray Creator made disks. FWIW, store bought commercial Blu ray disks DO play fine on the set top player BUT also do NOT play on the PC. DVDs play fine everywhere. This "blu ray" stuff is new to me.

Also have been in contact with the place I bought the new burner and he is going to get back to me within the next 24 hours.
                        are you using custom menu ?? see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lu-ray-creator

Comment

are you using custom menu ?? see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lu-ray-creator
                          There is NO advanced option for menus with my blu-ray creator. I am able to edit the menus though and change the menu background and icon texts and positions etc. No kind of "advanced menu opt" is shown. Here is what I have .. note my screen doesn't even have the "wrench" icon as shown in that post you referred me to ?? I guess this "full function?" trial version isn't completely full function ?? Maybe that is what is screwing up my burns regarding the menus. Perhaps my menu edits aren't really being processed correctly BECAUSE I don't have any "advanced menu options" available? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	429715
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is NO advanced option for menus with my blu-ray creator. I am able to edit the menus though and change the menu background and icon texts and positions etc. No kind of "advanced menu opt" is shown. Here is what I have .. note my screen doesn't even have the "wrench" icon as shown in that post you referred me to ?? I guess this "full function?" trial version isn't completely full function ?? Maybe that is what is screwing up my burns regarding the menus. Perhaps my menu edits aren't really being processed correctly BECAUSE I don't have any "advanced menu options" available? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	429715
                            i believe that's the same thing, the trial version is the same as the full version except the trial version may have a watermark in the final output
                            but the paid version doesn't have a watermark.

Comment

i believe that's the same thing, the trial version is the same as the full version except the trial version may have a watermark in the final output
                              but the paid version doesn't have a watermark.
                              No they are NOT the same. The trial version does NOT show any "custom menu" Option. See the example of an actual paid version below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	429731
                              Clicking on that "wrench" brings up the advanced options which enables a "custom menus" option. MY TRIAL version does not have that "wrench" icon displayed at all. Instead the i x and wrench Icon I just have <info> (see below)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	429732
                              The trial version does NOT have any "custom menu" option that I can find. When you have the actual full version THEN the "wrench" shows up and clicking on it brings up the advanced options WHICH HAS "custom menus" available. The way you GET to the advanced option is different in the Trial and paid versions and when you DO get to the advanced options in the TRIAL verson, you will find NO option for "custom menus".

AND the trial version does NOT have any water mark either.

Last edited by Rich A; 08-27-2023, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X