Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having several issues. I guess the trial version doesn't have a complete working set of features. I still can NOT get the "custom menu" option to even show up at all. I DID drop my burner firmware to an earlier version and I'm no longer getting the warning about my burner firmware not being corrrect. But I can not see if the custom menu function works or edit the subtitles etc. with the trial version. Can anyone with a paid for working product give a short review of how (or IF) that custom menus options works?

Comment

Changing my burner's firmware to one level lower HAS fixed the issue with the trial version not continuing due to a firmware incompatiblilty. The trial now works. STILL can't find the "custom menu" option. But the trial was now able to run well enough so I bought the full version. I was hoping the full version would "unlock" ? that missng "custom menu" option that does NOT show up in the trial.

Well it STILL doesn't work. There is STILL NO "custom menu" option in the latest purchased version of this Blu-Ray creator that I can find or enable.

I'm refering to the post here by October22 where he asked: "are you using custom menu ?? see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lu-ray-creator​"

My just purchased version still doesn't have that option? Mona ? Can you confirm that the Blu-Ray Creator product is supposed to have a custom menu option? If so HOW do I get it to show up with my newly purchased version?

Comment

Still working on my own trying to find joy. Just realized the post "October22" referred me to (regarding custom menus) is 5 YEARS old. I'm gonna assume that in the insuing 5 years Blu-Ray Creator might have changed. And guess I've been wasting my time here. Looks like the very limited editng availble with both the DVD Creator and Blu-Ray Creator has not been addressed for in some cases for more than a year. Meanwhile I have done a ton of research on this and most of the availble "creators" work pretty much the same and ALL have only basic fundamental (and IMHO) are very limited editing capabilites. Yes you can buy a full featured "Pro" type program for several hundred bucks. I've been using DVDLabs DVD authoring software for years and it DOES produce a more 'professional looking" product and of course has plenty of fancy options. BUT sadly it "still" doesn't do Blu-ray authoring.

For the average home owner who just wants a simple to use thing to handle home movies and is satified to have a minimalist form of quick authoring with a limited amount of available stock and ready to use items I found DVDFab's DVD and BluRay creators the best bang for your buck. It's quick, easy, and the quality of the video and audio is fine.

I guess when I need quick and easy DVDFab will do. But it sure would be wonderful (for example) if the DVDFab programmers could JUST give us a couple of "stock" menus that have "simple" plain frame boxed items instead of all those crazy weird bubbles, triangles and weird a--- stupid 1960's donkey kong graphics. Just my 2 cents on that subject WHICH has already been pointed out here in the past year or more several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich A View Post

No they are NOT the same. The trial version does NOT show any "custom menu" Option. See the example of an actual paid version below.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	429731
          Clicking on that "wrench" brings up the advanced options which enables a "custom menus" option. MY TRIAL version does not have that "wrench" icon displayed at all. Instead the i x and wrench Icon I just have <info> (see below)

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	429732
          The trial version does NOT have any "custom menu" option that I can find. When you have the actual full version THEN the "wrench" shows up and clicking on it brings up the advanced options WHICH HAS "custom menus" available. The way you GET to the advanced option is different in the Trial and paid versions and when you DO get to the advanced options in the TRIAL verson, you will find NO option for "custom menus".

AND the trial version does NOT have any water mark either.
          The "wrench" icon was changed to the Advanced Settings button. From which version did you take that screenshot?

For Blu-ray Creator, these are all the settings available:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230918-173226.png
Views:	86
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	430740

Comment

I don't know what version the screen shot was taken from. It was NOT originally MY screen shot . Please look at post #12 in this thread, where October262 provided A LINK to another thread where the screenshot shows the "wrench" icon. In post # 12. Here is what he said:

"are you using custom menu ?? see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lu-ray-creator​"

So I went to that #2 post in that linked thread which I have NOW just realized it was a FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD and was originally made 5 years ago with a 5 year old version of Blu-Ray Creator. So I spent a lot of time trying to fix something based on a long since updated and changed product that no longer works the way this latest version works. Just a case of a well meaning user adding some useless outdated data to the discussion. While I appreciated the help, it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble if someone pointed out (as you are now doing) that Blu-Ray Creator was long since changed since that post showing the "wrench icon" to access advanced menu and custom menus.

I have since purchased a life time verson of the "All in One" DVDFab so I now have full access to both the DVD Creator (which I already have licensed) and the Blu Ray Creator. The DVD Creator always worked fine (except for some of it's limited menu options etc. But I"m still working with some issues and have many questions regarding the Blu-Ray version. (had to downgrade my burner firmware to fix one problem)

Still don't like the some of the limited menu options and have some other issues. (Like I thought I could author a 4K Blu-Ray video disc but can't get that to work and also can't get the "preview" to work) Also seems to be limited to 1080 max? I think we should close this thread and I'll start another one listing my problems. I now have the full and latest version to work with.
            Last edited by Rich A; 09-18-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X