CUDA slower than "software" option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA slower than "software" option

I'm trying to back-up Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen, and the CUDA option is taking significantly longer than the software option. I ripped the full disc to the hard drive, and am trying to compress it to BD-5 (target is still the hard drive) How can I fix this?

CUDA ~ 1.3 MB/s
    Software ~ 5.8 MB/s

I have the latest nVidia driver (260.99) and my system is as follows:

Windows XP Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB Ram
    nVidia 8500 GT, 512MB

I have the same speed pattern. I think it is because of the CPUs and video cards we have--mine is also a quad core (i7) and it is faster than my low-end nvidia card (GTS-230).

To improve the speed, try using CUDA for only one task (not decode+encode) and write to a different drive than the one you are reading from.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can confirm this. I upgraded to a Q9300 this summer from a E2180 and had the GeForce 8500 GT and saw slower performance from CUDA than software after the upgrade.

Comment

Interesting! So if I upgrade my video card, will I get a noticeable improvement in performance?

Also, how do you tell which CUDA card will have the biggest improvement? I'm not a gamer, so if I did upgrade, it would solely be for the purposes of back-up.

Comment

Working...
        X