• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto & Manual updating

Hey all,

A question regarding program updates:
    1. Auto updating feature doesn't ever work in my case
    2. Using the 'Check now' button always tells me that I have the latest version. [Currently 6.0.4.0]

Any known issues here?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by dslamer View Post
    Hey all,

A question regarding program updates:
    1. Auto updating feature doesn't ever work in my case
    2. Using the 'Check now' button always tells me that I have the latest version. [Currently 6.0.4.0]

Any known issues here?
    Thanks.
    Personally, I have it turned off. It is not really an auto-update, but an auto-notifier, so you will need to manually download and install the update. It does not notify of beta versions, but it should be telling you that you need to download v6.0.6.0, which is the latest official public release. I have not seen any posts from other reporting this, but that doesn't mean it is not happening. Let's see what the others say.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm getting the notifications OK...
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for that, mate. I would have to revert to an earlier version to test it.
        Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        I'm getting the notifications OK...
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Thanks for that, mate. I would have to revert to an earlier version to test it.
          Thanks guys,
          Might check firewall, could be blocking outbound comms..

Comment

I have the same issue, not a big deal though...

Not sure when this stopped working, was probably a release or 2 ago, but it always used to notify me of an available new version.

I noticed when running 6.0.2.0 i hadn't received a notify about any new releases for awhile. I downloaded and have been running 6.0.4.0 (current version). Visited the site today and found 6.0.7.0.

as i said earlier , not a big deal...i'm usually a day late and a dollar short anyhow

Comment

Thanks for the additional details. I keep it disabled, but will test it now to see if I can duplicate the problem.

//EDIT//Neither Auto nor Check Now worked for me, with 6.0.5.9 installed and 6.0.7.0 available. Seems to be broken. I will notify
              Fengtao and the development staff.

Comment

Working...
              X