Clone vs copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone vs copy

Which one is better if I want to recreate a full disc. Clone or full disc?
    Last edited by superbowl32; 12-08-2010, 05:44 PM.

Originally posted by superbowl32 View Post
    Which one is better if I want to recreate a full disc. Clone or full disc?
    Are you using double layer or single layer disk?

Clone does not compress.
    Full disk has the option to compress or not.

Comment

I have 4x 25GB single layer trying to burn Iron Man 2. I did one burn and it didn't seem like I got the HD quality out of it and it was all jumpy in spots.

Comment

It's probably the result of the burn process itself...eg., poor quality media, poor compatibility, burn speed, etc., etc.

Do the ripped files playback ok when viewed from the hdd with a software player?

Please post the appropriate logs, particularly the burn log.

The default location is:

For Win7
        C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP
        C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sounds like you are using an earlier version of Fab...there were known bugs with Ironman 2. Try upgrading to 8.0.5.6 and you should be good to go. You will need to use 'full movie' mode as Ironman2 needs to be compressed to fit on a bd25, IIRC...

Clone will only work to make a 1:1 copy of the disc, hence if it is over 23700gb you will have to use a dual layer disc to be able to burn it.

Hope this helped.

Comment

I deleted the logs last night. I was able to use clone to create a 41,000,000kb iso file. Is there anyway to compress that and burn it?

Comment

I'm assuming you are wanting a burn to a bd25 single layer disc. To do that, select 'full movie' from the menu, select the .iso file you just made as your source, and in the target box select dvdfab\. In the bottom box, select BD25 as the size. This will compress the movie to bd25 size and create a file in your DVDfab/full movie folder.

After it is finished, restart fab and select the DVDfab/full movie folder you just created as the source and set the target to your burner; this should start IMGburn (if you have it installed) and away you go!

Comment

Make that "...select Main Movie..."
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Make that "...select Main Movie..."
                  I think the op wanted a full disc backup with menus unless I misread something after the 1st post.

Originally posted by chazlee1 View Post
                  Sounds like you are using an earlier version of Fab...there were known bugs with Ironman 2. Try upgrading to 8.0.5.6 and you should be good to go. You will need to use 'full movie' mode as Ironman2 needs to be compressed to fit on a bd25, IIRC...

Clone will only work to make a 1:1 copy of the disc, hence if it is over 23700gb you will have to use a dual layer disc to be able to burn it.

Hope this helped.
                  Correct and good advice but I have ran across some Blurays that are just over the default 23,700mb by 50mb (give or take) setting within Fab and bumping the writable media size up (not to exceed 23,866mb) will help avoid the compression step but with some poor media burning to close to the edge will result in playback problems. This should only be attempted with quality blank media of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X