No announcement yet.

New CPU or video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As yet, Fab does not support BD menu function, but I believe it is on the to-do list. No word on when...at least not to my ears.

I have an Argosy HV335T...picked it up at Amazon last March for $89.
    The player itself has limited functionality/controls, but it works great and will play any format I throw at it.

On the negative side, it cannot handle True HD sound, which is not unique in the world of media players.
    Also, organizing your files on your hdds can be problem.
    One of my hdds must have close to ~ 1000 converted standard dvd files.
    It gets old trying to scroll through the list.

Initailly, I thought of organizing folders by genre, but this quickly lost to simple A-D, E-H, etc., folders.

The last firmware update made things a bit faster, but a page up/page down function would help.

I think you'll see better BD support (HD audio) and improved menu function in the near future
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      As yet, Fab does not support BD menu function, but I believe it is on the to-do list. No word on when...at least not to my ears.

The player itself has limited functionality/controls, but it works great and will play any format I throw at it.

On the negative side, it cannot handle True HD sound, which is not unique in the world of media players.

Initailly, I thought of organizing folders by genre, but this quickly lost to simple A-D, E-H, etc., folders.

The last firmware update made things a bit faster, but a page up/page down function would help.

I think you'll see better BD support (HD audio) and improved menu function in the near future
      Very interesting! So do you prefer the Argosy to something like the Western Digital WDTV Live? Is USB hard drive support pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post

The WDTV (gen1) has the page up/down feature and a search function but one thing no player I've seen as of yet will support is the XML files for movie description (synopsis, movie rating and so forth).
        I hear the newer Argosy HV6xxx is the bomb but haven't actually tried one out yet but I've been good this year so Santa just might....

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          I hear the newer Argosy HV6xxx is the bomb but haven't actually tried one out yet but I've been good this year so Santa just might....
          Yeah, based on my experience, I'd go for the Argosy HV677 like W&B recommended.
          Argosy HV677

Yes, the usb support for my Argosy is great.
          Soon, I'll be connecting a JBOD with 4 additional 2 TB hdds via usb to my Argosy.
          This will give me 10 TB all controlled by my Argosy remote without my ever moving from my comfy chair...

I've not heard great things about WD MPs and my good friend GregiBoy who runs a business in OZ selling and modifying MPs...
          has nothing good to say about Western Digital MPs.

You can do search for for some feedback by him.
          Good chance he'll see this and comment anyway.
          Whatever advice he gives, you can take to the bank.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for all the great info! How well does the Argosy do at seeking through movies (i.e. FF, Rew)? Does the chapter skip function work well?

Also, do subtitles work?

Comment

My buddy maineman is on a LONG road trip, I'm sure you will hear from him soon.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X