X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray is Crashing

ALL,
    I have been using my DVDFab for Blu Ray recently without issues ffor several blurays. However, today it will not work really at all. It will start to access the data and about half way through the read it stops with an error that says "DVDFab has stopped working". I have not made any changes to anything since last time I used. No updates or anything. PLEASE HELP!

Originally posted by astronomical View Post
    ALL,
    I have been using my DVDFab for Blu Ray recently without issues ffor several blurays. However, today it will not work really at all. It will start to access the data and about half way through the read it stops with an error that says "DVDFab has stopped working". I have not made any changes to anything since last time I used. No updates or anything. PLEASE HELP!
    What are you trying to back up, and have you forwarded the logs to fengtao ?

Comment

Make sure your internet connection is not off or blocked. If one of the movies that worked before crashes now, try disabling CUDA/DXVA in DVDFab if you are doing compression.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello All,

Just downloaded the latest update 6.1.2.5 and exactly the same thing is happening when I try to open a blu-ray as the OP states. Was perfect until updated. Running Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Update-

All,
          The movies that worked yesterday work again today. The movies that are not working and causing DVDFab BLURAY to crash are as follows: Coraline, Transformers 2, IronMan, and G.I. Joes. That is all I have tried so far and they just cause DVDFab to stop working. I have not sent anything to fengtao becuase I was not aware I needed to or what logs to send. Any more help would be appreciated. I am running WIN 7 PRO x64 but obviously some Blurays are working. Is this a encryption issue?????? THANKS!

Comment

I was trying to clone Star Trek 5, Final Frontier (Blu-Ray). I've managed to clone to ISO Star Trek 2,4 and 6 without any problems with previous versions of DVD Fab. I doubt 5 has different encryption to the others. Will try a few other discs to see what happens

Comment

Have just tried X-Men3, Click and Kung Fu Hustle and they all open fine. Maybe a bad disc/different encryption on star trek 5

Comment

All,
                The movies that worked yesterday work again today. The movies that are not working and causing DVDFab BLURAY to crash are as follows: Coraline, Transformers 2, IronMan, and G.I. Joes. That is all I have tried so far and they just cause DVDFab to stop working. I have not sent anything to fengtao becuase I was not aware I needed to or what logs to send. Any more help would be appreciated. I am running WIN 7 PRO x64 but obviously some Blurays are working. Is this a encryption issue?????? THANKS!
                Hi astronomical,
                There were some known issues with TF 2, but to over come that open in main movie and select chapter 27, but I am thinking maybe your settings may not be set properly, open common setting, on Fab page green button at top of screen with check in it.

DVD/Blu-ray ..> Read ...> I/O mode ..> Auto.

Protection ...> Blu-ray ...> Remove AACS checked ...> Remove RC ..> checked ..> Remove BD - live checked ...>Remove UOP's ..> checked

also if you have not done so yet I would suggest you down load ImgBurn it is freeware and a very handy tool.

as for Iron man and Coraline I had no problem backing those two up, all though I was using XP at the time, I have upgraded to win 7, but so far I have had no back up problems, just finished a back up of Spider Man 3, piece of cake,
                so give the above a try, and let me know your results.

Comment

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
                  Hi astronomical,
                  There were some known issues with TF 2, but to over come that open in main movie and select chapter 27, but I am thinking maybe your settings may not be set properly, open common setting, on Fab page green button at top of screen with check in it.

DVD/Blu-ray ..> Read ...> I/O mode ..> Auto.

Protection ...> Blu-ray ...> Remove AACS checked ...> Remove RC ..> checked ..> Remove BD - live checked ...>Remove UOP's ..> checked

also if you have not done so yet I would suggest you down load ImgBurn it is freeware and a very handy tool.

as for Iron man and Coraline I had no problem backing those two up, all though I was using XP at the time, I have upgraded to win 7, but so far I have had no back up problems, just finished a back up of Spider Man 3, piece of cake,
                  so give the above a try, and let me know your results.

HEY TOUCHDOWN_1!

I checked my settings and everything is right EXCEPT my BD+ box is NOT checked. It is actually grayed out and will not let me check it. Other than that I have all my setting to match what you say and Coraline and the others will NOT work. I even setup DVDFab to run in XP SP2 mode in WIN 7 with NO LUCK. I have no idea what else to do... argghhhhh....

Comment

HEY TOUCHDOWN_1!

I checked my settings and everything is right EXCEPT my BD+ box is NOT checked. It is actually grayed out and will not let me check it. Other than that I have all my setting to match what you say and Coraline and the others will NOT work. I even setup DVDFab to run in XP SP2 mode in WIN 7 with NO LUCK. I have no idea what else to do... argghhhhh....
                    Yes the BD + is grayed out because that is at this time is not functional, OK another thought is maybe some how the soft ware got corrupted, so maybe try an uninstall, reboot, then reinstall, cause if you were able to rip BD before and all of a sudden you can't that is curious, another thought and that would be to run some registry cleaners, CCleaner is good, malwarebytes is good program for cleaning up malware trojans etc. glary registry is also a good cleaner, so give those a try, and let me know if that helped.

Comment

File log on crash.

Here is the crash file. Maybe it will be of help for someone to help me. I will also get back to you Touchdown. THANKS!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the crash file. Maybe it will be of help for someone to help me. I will also get back to you Touchdown. THANKS!
                        astronomical, take the files you just posted and forward to to fentao to the link below,

Comment

I'm having same problem on "The Taking of Pelham 123". Crashes while trying to read disk. Other discs work ok. Using Win7 Home Premium 64bit. Tried recommendations above without change.

Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                          Application Name: DVDFab.exe
                          Application Version: 6.1.2.5
                          Application Timestamp: 4ae6caa8
                          Fault Module Name: DVDFab.exe
                          Fault Module Version: 6.1.2.5
                          Fault Module Timestamp: 4ae6caa8
                          Exception Code: c0000005
                          Exception Offset: 00160b7f
                          OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
                          Locale ID: 1033
                          Additional Information 1: 628e
                          Additional Information 2: 628e1b2d295ceedbe6ed7e1f2d805e49
                          Additional Information 3: 3088
                          Additional Information 4: 308883b68851a535aadde07170fbe152

Comment

Originally posted by umdad06 View Post
                            I'm having same problem on "The Taking of Pelham 123". Crashes while trying to read disk. Other discs work ok. Using Win7 Home Premium 64bit. Tried recommendations above without change.

Problem signature:
                            Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                            Application Name: DVDFab.exe
                            Application Version: 6.1.2.5
                            Application Timestamp: 4ae6caa8
                            Fault Module Name: DVDFab.exe
                            Fault Module Version: 6.1.2.5
                            Fault Module Timestamp: 4ae6caa8
                            Exception Code: c0000005
                            Exception Offset: 00160b7f
                            OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
                            Locale ID: 1033
                            Additional Information 1: 628e
                            Additional Information 2: 628e1b2d295ceedbe6ed7e1f2d805e49
                            Additional Information 3: 3088
                            Additional Information 4: 308883b68851a535aadde07170fbe152
                            Hi umdad06,
                            All I can recommend is that you forward the file to fentao, you will find the link in the post, previous to your post.
                            actually I just remembered another person I think with this problem, go to main movie and select chapter 10, I believe it was, give that a try if it doesn't work then forward the log.
                            Last edited by touchdown_1; 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM. Reason: addendum to post

Comment

I have forwarded the logs. As for trying to access chapter 10, DVDFab crashes a few seconds into "Open Blu-ray Source" and the only option is to close the program. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X