This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to Ps3? VC-1

This question is for anyone who is admin or proramming for DVDFAB. Is a one step PS3/ blu-ray setting in the plan. What i mean by this is with all these audio and video codecs that are uncompatiable with the Ps3 it makes it very difficult to create files that will play on the ps3 with out like 10 extra steps. It would be great for DVDFAB to create a ps3 setting that would automatically do this. Love FAB and have been a loyal customer for years. The dvd process started out raw years back and now is great. I hope the blu-ray section will be the same but i have noticed that this seems to be testing fentago and team.( i referring to the delay with +).

p.s. Fentago it would be great to give us an update on how things are looking and when we should expect the larger Updates!! Most of us have been very patient but it is starting to ware.

Agree with this request.
    DVDFAB has been great, especially with it's preset for PS3 VOB passthrough. I have all of my DVD rips with this setting on a NAS device that streams flawlessly over my gigabit network to either of my two ps3's.
    I tried copying a ripped BR movie's .m2ts file to the NAS and it too played beautifully (all 40+ Mb/s) but the audio was in another language. I can get the video to play just fine, but get either spanish, french, or directors audio on the movie. So everything is ready to go except for getting the .m2ts file in the right format.
    Desperately need the Blu-ray to PS3 VOB passthrough feature!
    Anxiously awaiting it's release, or any recommendations as to how to acheive the desired results. I've tried the main movie option under blu-ray, but have the same problem with the audio.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tjkaz; 11-06-2009, 04:01 AM.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

+1 for this feature.

Comment

Dear all,

We are working on "Blu-ray to Mobile", which includes PS3 output support.

But I cannot give any time table for it, I can only say we are working as fast as we can.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Got Blu-Ray to PS3 Streaming working

To those asking about the ability to get a Blu-Ray movie to stream to a PS3 via a network and TVersity or PS3MediaServer, just wanted to let you know that I WAS able to finally get it working and it works perfectly. The problem turned out to be due to the Blu-Ray movie having DTS-HD or DTS audio. While a PS3 will play a Blu-Ray disk with DTS audio, it will NOT play it if it is STREAMED. It will look for the AC3 audio in the M2Ts file. Hence, the reason I was getting either the Directos Cut or French.

What I did was use a program like TSMuxer to remove all other audio and to "downgrade" the DTS-HD to DTS. THEN another program (I used EACTO) to "extract" the DTS audio in 5.1 AC3 format to an AC3 file. FINALLY, I used TSMuxer again to recreate the M2TS file and told it to completely remove the DTS and Remux it including the AC3 audio via the file I had created in the previous step. The end result is an M2TS file that plays perfectly via TVersity and/or PS3MediaServer with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound.

I watched GIJOE last night without a single hiccup or glitch.

I also did the same with Transformers and verified that the audio plays correctly.

Comment

Actually I use PS3 Media Server and I was able to get it to stream with audio just fine, well almost. If you backup your disc using Main Movie the program strips the audio out of the m2ts or puts it in a format that the PS3 doesn't recognize since under audio options it states "No Audio". Now if you backup the Full Movie then the PS3 understands the audio track in the m2ts file and plays it back. Also one more thing, you have to have VLC "Video Lan" installed and selected as the "Audio Web Streaming Engine" output in PS3 Media Server. This seems like the only audio codec that seems to work to decode and send to PS3. I don't think the HD Audio makes it though since the PS3 shows just Dolby Digital for audio output.

If anyone figures out how to stream the Main Movie Backup or HD audio let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by blurayisking View Post
              ... Also one more thing, you have to have VLC "Video Lan" installed and selected as the "Audio Web Streaming Engine" output in PS3 Media Server. ...
              Ahhh. Ok, going to give this a whirl then.

... I don't think the HD Audio makes it though since the PS3 shows just Dolby Digital for audio output. If anyone figures out how to stream the Main Movie Backup or HD audio let me know.
              I'm pretty sure that DTS-HD (or any HD) won't stream (I read that on another forum). Via Streaming, it has to be AC3 and that is probably what the VLC Video Lan trick above likely does.

Comment

Well, I tried the VLC Video Lan setting (making VLC the priority) in PS3MediaServer and no go. Still got French for the audio. Same as before. Full Disc rip of GIJOE and I chose 01002.m2ts to play.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                  Dear all,

We are working on "Blu-ray to Mobile", which includes PS3 output support.

But I cannot give any time table for it, I can only say we are working as fast as we can.

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao
                  Thanks Fentao! Hopefully an early Christmas present.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

And i guess it will be a paid plugin.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Why not wait and see before complaining.
                      Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                      And i guess it will be a paid plugin.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn't complain, it was only a guess.
                        Also you shouldn't jump from a guess to a complaint.
                        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM.
                        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                          I didn't complain, it was only a guess.
                          Also you shouldn't jump from a guess to a complaint.
                          And you shouldn't debate with Admins or Moderators. This is a support forum, not a place for baseless complaints. This discussion is over.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                          X