Clone a BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone a BD

I am trying to clone my blurays for backup. My grand children treat them like toys. Perhaps I am using the wrong software, or am doing something stupid. What software should I be using Bluray copy, bluray rip or bluray passkey. My assumption is that I should use passkey only if I desire to remove protection.

Help and thanks in advance

Hi mysticwhaler
    You would be using the Blu-Ray Copy function to backup and burn your movies.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm still a little confused by the different software also. Does'nt blu-ray copy remove protections? What is passkey for then? Ripper apparantly makes a copy to . I see it makes a copy to different formats. Is that the only difference?

Comment

If you have Blu-ray Copy, that is what you should use. You do not need Passkey if you have Blu-ray Copy, it removes all protections. Passkey is for use with 3rd party software that does not decrypt the content, e.g. Nero and many others.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          If you have Blu-ray Copy, that is what you should use. You do not need Passkey if you have Blu-ray Copy, it removes all protections. Passkey is for use with 3rd party software that does not decrypt the content, e.g. Nero and many others.
          Spot on obviously, you should be using Blu-ray Copy to make disc copies of
          your blu-rays. You would use Blu-ray Ripper if you want to have just video
          copies in file form on your PC. You would use Blu-ray Passkey if you want to
          remove the protection from the disc, but you have another program to copy to
          a disc.
          "This is an 80's buddy comedy, Maltin gives it 2 and half stars and says about it: 'hurt by an awful music score.' "

"Ohhh, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"

Comment

So why would someone rip a video copy in file form on there PC? Whats difference between this and a copy?

Comment

So they can play the movie on their PC, a mobile device like an iPod or iPhone or a Media Player connected into their home theatre.

Convenience & space saving !!!!

For example, my media player (smaller than a set top box) can hold 2000 movies and I can just swap from one to the other with the remote.

Originally posted by 68sting View Post
              So why would someone rip a video copy in file form on there PC? Whats difference between this and a copy?
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X