Which Title(Angle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Title(Angle)

Can anyone tell me how the program decides which main movie selection to choose "Title(Angle)" when there are several that are an exact match or very close match for the run time of the movie? For example, the movie Salt has 4 choices that could be the correct movie (see attachment). I recently had one that had 5 choices of identical movie length. To be sure, I'm asking by which method does DVDFab make the default choice?
    Attached Files

Use the preview window or a software player to see which title is playing when the different versions are selected for playback. In the case of SALT, the different versions are the theatrical, director's cut and extended editions. This information for SALT is posted elsewhere in the forum, use the search function to find it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would still be interested in the answer to the OP question.
      To be sure, I'm asking by which method does DVDFab make the default choice?
      It doesn't seem to pick the same numerical choice(first one in the list) so there must be some logic involved.

Comment

There is logic involved. It relates to what PathPlayer finds as it analyzes the disc, the length of the titles, whether they have buttons or unplayable content and other things. Unless a disc has some new form of protection or an unusual structure (concert DVD, instructional discs, some TV episode discs), you are better off trusting DVDFab to select the title.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's becoming interesting now that you suggest to normally allow DVDFab to make the choice, because, for example, when backing up Pitch Black DVDFab picks Title(Angle) 0 with a running time of 1:48:21 while other online movie information sources say this movie has a running time is 122 mins (1:52:00). DVDFabs choice passes the first 2 choices with times of 1:51:55 which is nearly right on the money (see attachment). I ended up using the 1st choice with the same number of chapters as DVDFabs choice and the movie came out fine. It just still leaves me wondering why I should ignore the logic of picking the one that has the actual correct running time. I'm aware that some disks have combined editions ie directors cut/theatrical release which will clearly be different running times but this is not the case with the movie Pitch Black. I invite further discussion on this becasue I want to have a better handle on how I choose, if necessary.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi jimp124.

1.Please choose the title with the longest play time and with the most chapter and with the most audio tracks and with the most subtitle.

2.You also need to choose the audio track carefullly in case you click the director's commentary. Please don't choose AC-3/2 audio track which is usually the director's commentary. Good Luck!

Best Regards,

Cici Jia

Comment

Hi jimp124,

For Blu-ray, DVDFab will try it's best to guess the correct main movie. We consider several factors of a playlist, like size, play time, chapter count, audio count, subtitle count, etc. Then we choose the one with higest score. This works in most cases, but when there are several playlists which are similar, we suggest user to preview them to choose the correct one.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I realize I'm digging up an old topic, but what do you in the case of multiple episodes on one disc? Are the episodes in numerical order? 20, 21,22 or are they list in sequence , 22, 24, 20, 21?

is there a standards for the 20 series and 30 series?

Comment

Hi Bossone
                  They are never in numerical order or very rarely.
                  If you need to find a specific episode put the disc in your player and take notice as to the title number and use that for your backup.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

My good friend CBR is correct.

One standard that you can guarantee is that there is no standard, unfortunately!!

The onlyway to identify them is has he has said. Play the disk in a software or set-top player and not the title number after navigating to it through the menu.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X