Looking for a place to report failed attempts at BD Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a place to report failed attempts at BD Copy

This is my first time on this site, and my first post.

If I am in the wrong area, could someone please help and re-direct me to the proper place.

I have had wonderful overall success with BD Copy. I am updated to v8068 and have had two recent failed attempts at trying to copy:

1 Men in Black
    2 Wallace and Gromit: Complete collection

I was however able to copy "Main Movie" of Men in Black (this was of course after several attempts at "Full Disc".

I was NOT able to copy (either Full Disc or Main Movie) Wallace and Gromit.

I received the exact same results for 3 different disc of Men in Black, and 2 different discs of Wallace and Gromit suggesting that this is a software issue and not a physical disc issue. The disc played as expected. (I use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater 3 for playback of both BD files and playback of discs). The disc also played normal in a PS3 player.

In the past when a disc could not be copied, a message would pop-up and request some information to be sent back to the developers. In either case of Men in Black, or Wallace and Gromit, there was no information request.

Men in Black failed after 99% complete, and Wallace and Gromit would hit a read error at ~ 21% (I assume the main movie file).

I'm posting this thread to find the best place to post failed attempts, and to see if others have had similar problems with the same titles.

Thank you for any help.

Since this not feature request I moved the thread to the Blu-ray Help section. In order to help with the problem Blu-ray need info so read what is below and post the relevant info to your next post reply to this thread. Without the info not able to help as these Blu-ray you mentioned can be done no problem using DVDFab

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

You can post them here. You can also send the DVDFab Info files to the developers using the button on the Info page.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X