8.0.7.3 Cinavia ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.7.3 Cinavia ??

So the new version added support to copy cinavia protected disc?? Does this mean you copy the whole disc and it can play on all player including PS3? If you do a REC disc movie only this is the same as the last version it will only play on a cinavia protected player?? Question is FAB now able to make a copy of a cinavia protected movie and it play on all players?? Do I have to copy the whole disc or can I do movie only?? Why is there still the option for a BMDV-REC??
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
    So the new version added support to copy cinavia protected disc?? Does this mean you copy the whole disc and it can play on all player including PS3? If you do a REC disc movie only this is the same as the last version it will only play on a cinavia protected player?? Question is FAB now able to make a copy of a cinavia protected movie and it play on all players?? Do I have to copy the whole disc or can I do movie only?? Why is there still the option for a BMDV-REC??
    The option to create protected copies was only in beta till now. 8073 is the first official to include it.
    If you have a PS3 and you're bothered by Cinavia, you have the option to create a protected copy (called BDMV-REC) with either Full Disc or Main Movie options.
    If you are not affected by Cinavia you create a normal backup (with protections removed).
    Of course that the ideal solution would be to have one backup to suit all needs, but the implementation of playback standards differ from one player to another. So the number of backups is depending on your needs/choices.

Comment

How do these differ??

New: Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc for playing on PS3

and

New: Added option "Create Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia" in "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" mode.

I must be reading it wrong?? The top added feature says nothing about making a protected disc to play on a PS3. The way I am reading it is you now can copy a disc with cinavia protection and it will play on PS3?? And since I did nothing different it should play on other players to??
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

The first one only allowed for full disc 1:1 clone, the later release allowed also for Main Movie Only.

Not all players support BDMV-REC recorded discs. PS3 do.

Comment

BDAV (for most other players and software players) will be along very soon. I think post #1 in the Cinavia thread that Fengtao posted has a few other players that support protected BDMV-Rec playback. I'm not sure of the International availability.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            The first one only allowed for full disc 1:1 clone, the later release allowed also for Main Movie Only.

Not all players support BDMV-REC recorded discs. PS3 do.
            Understood but its missleading it should read only for players with cinavia protection!!

from 8.0.7.0 B :New: Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc.

How is this a new feature in 8.0.7.3? And the above mentioned would think that I can copy a cinavia protected disc 1:1 and play on any player including PS3

Comment

If you have a PS3, from the XMB go to Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings > Optical Digital and check every audio option. Then go to Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Multi-Output and turn it ON.

WARNING: Your audio will only output in Stereo no matter what HD audio selection you choose but at least you won't be bothered with the Cinavia protection message.
              Last edited by SuperFist; 01-30-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Understood but its missleading it should read only for players with cinavia protection!!

from 8.0.7.0 B :New: Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc.

How is this a new feature in 8.0.7.3? And the above mentioned would think that I can copy a cinavia protected disc 1:1 and play on any player including PS3
                As I said, it's a new thing for the line of official releases. Some users don't want to try Beta releases, so for them this is new.
                The release text is very clear: "Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc for playing on PS3" which gives the information about the new feature and what is it useful for. Then the next line "Added option "Create Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia" in "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" mode." tells you "how" and "where". It could've been one line, indeed, just so someone does not count it as two features. But does that really matter, how it was formatted?

Comment

cinavia is not your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
                    As I said, it's a new thing for the line of official releases. Some users don't want to try Beta releases, so for them this is new.
                    The release text is very clear: "Added support to copy Cinavia protected Blu-ray disc for playing on PS3" which gives the information about the new feature and what is it useful for. Then the next line "Added option "Create Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia" in "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" mode." tells you "how" and "where". It could've been one line, indeed, just so someone does not count it as two features. But does that really matter, how it was formatted?
                    In a lot of instances formating does matter!! But once again if no matter how you copy a disc in FAB ie main movie, full movie or clone for the disc to play on a PS3 you have to make it BDMV-REC correct? With cinavia protection.

Comment

Originally posted by WIMP420 View Post
                      cinavia is not your friend.
                      Thanks for pointing out something we all could not figure out!!

Comment

In a lot of instances formating does matter!! But once again if no matter how you copy a disc in FAB ie main movie, full movie or clone for the disc to play on a PS3 you have to make it BDMV-REC correct? With cinavia protection.
                        Sorry, not sure I understand what you wanted to say here. Main movie and Full Disc have the option to create protected discs to disable Cinavia. Clone mode does not and can't (protected backups don't fit the Clone profile).

Comment

Working...
                        X