Video card upgrade to speed up DVDFab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by athlon700 View Post
    i get my bd-re from someplace in calif for a buck a piece and have not had one failure...yet. I have burnt about 25. If you are referring to the new Bambi movies the blu ray copied to hdd fine but took 2 hrs to compress to 25 gig
    What kind are your BDRE? ImgBurn AWS will tell you the manufacture of the disc. Are they 25gb or 50gb? I will only buy 50gb since I only copy movie only and I dont have to compress.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

correct me if I am wrong but there are only 3 manufacturers of cd or dvd media and they are all in China or maybe India. they just brand the name brand ones and ship the rest as blanks. the brand names get some quality checks and the rest they let the customer quality check them.
      check pricewatch.com

Comment

correct me if I am wrong but there are only 3 manufacturers of cd or dvd media and they are all in China or maybe India. they just brand the name brand ones and ship the rest as blanks. the brand names get some quality checks and the rest they let the customer quality check them.
        check pricewatch.com
        I dont know if your wrong or right! I know I bought some Memorex BDRE and went to set AWS and they came up with some name I cant remember, but when I stick a TDK branded BDRE in AWS it comes up TDK! Same with Verbatim! Its all about what you want to spend, I had some Optical Quantum disc they play fine in my Sammy but not my friends PS3. I switched to the TDK and have not had a bad burn or one not play in any player I throw it at.
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

what I cant figure out is why you want to back up a $20 movie with a $30 disk?

Comment

what I cant figure out is why you want to back up a $20 movie with a $30 disk?
            Well let me explain it to you. I got the disc's off ebay from a good seller 46.99 shipped 50GB TDK 5 of them! And they are BDRE! I don't collect movies anymore, I have all the pay channels so when one of the movies I have comes on HBO or Starz or Max, they play it over and over and over so at that point I just erase over the disc and put another movie on it! Sometimes I will just copy the movie to the HDD and burn it later. But I can copy over and over so what I paid for the disc is well worth it! I also picked up for 9.99 at frys 3 pack TDK disc's 2 BDR and 1 BDRE 25GB I use the 50 so I don't have to compress and if the movie fits on a 25GB uncompressed I use them. I only do movie only.

Comment

ok, makes sense

Comment

The new beta versions (8086) has support for ATI cards, please read the release notes and try it.
                Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                This is a very good topic and something I wish I had known before I built my system. I would have most definitely picked up a Nvidia card instead of my Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit video card, but it's sufficient. I can compress a 40-50GB Blu-ray disc with 53% compression just shy of 2 hours. Not bad at all. Oh, I'm running an Intel i7 950 3.07GHz Quad Core with 64-Bit Windows 7 with 12GB of DDR3 Corsair XMS3 RAM.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

why do you mention new versions of fab but don't tell us where to get them? not nice.

Comment

why do you mention new versions of fab but don't tell us where to get them? not nice.
                    It's on the main forum page where the new versions are always posted

Comment

Quite simple actually.

Comment

Hummm... and I suppose you expect me to read the manual too. LOL
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                          It's on the main forum page where the new versions are always posted
                          Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                          Quite simple actually.
                          When you sign in, you should always check for newer and improved versions.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

RTFM is always a good idea if all else fails !!!

Hummm... and I suppose you expect me to read the manual too. LOL
                            thanks
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I still had a couple of options before I had to give in and RTFM.

Comment

Working...
                              X