Can anyone explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain

I have just installed a Geforce GTX260 and a Intel Quad core 2.66 Ghz.
    When I copy a disc at say 87% - why does the compression speed differ from 2.95mb/s to 5.74mb/s. Nothing else is running.
    What is a normal speed ?
    Also...how do you ensure you don't copy the Audio Commentary instead of the proper soundtrack ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
    I have just installed a Geforce GTX260 and a Intel Quad core 2.66 Ghz.
    When I copy a disc at say 87% - why does the compression speed differ from 2.95mb/s to 5.74mb/s. Nothing else is running.
    What is a normal speed ?
    Also...how do you ensure you don't copy the Audio Commentary instead of the proper soundtrack ?

Thanks
    The speed of copying no matter what percentage you are at will vary! Sometimes it will drop real low and go back up! It's not a problem just the way the program runs! As for the commentary Fab for some reason selects the AC3 track automatically you want the HDTS track which is usually the top one! After analyzing is done you can preview to make sure you have the right options!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

The speed is always slower at the beginning of the disc, where the diameter is small. The speed will peak at the end of the disc for single layer originals and at the middle of the disc for DL originals. This is normal and will vary some with different optical drives.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far. But when I say 87%, that is the amount the disc needs compressing, not the % of the disc copied.
        I have noticed on 2 different discs both showing a 87% compression requirement that the the speed is upto 100% different. ie one running at 5.94mb/s and the other 2.97mb/s.
        This is not at the beginning or the end, it remains at this speed throughout.

What is a "normal" compression speed (mb/s) using what graphics card and what cpu ?

Thanks again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
          Thanks for the responses so far. But when I say 87%, that is the amount the disc needs compressing, not the % of the disc copied.
          I have noticed on 2 different discs both showing a 87% compression requirement that the the speed is upto 100% different. ie one running at 5.94mb/s and the other 2.97mb/s.
          This is not at the beginning or the end, it remains at this speed throughout.

What is a "normal" compression speed (mb/s) using what graphics card and what cpu ?

Thanks again.....
          Thats a broad spectrum as all computers are different! Are you looking for total copy time or compression time?
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

All I am asking is what is the total copying time for a compressed copy. A no compression blu ray takes 50mins. The point is why does a 87% compression take 1:56 and then take 3:51 with compressions speeds of 5.74mb/s and 2.95mb/s. It both cases there was nothing running on the computer.

I just don't understand the logic why this should be.

?

Comment

Working...
            X