please help compressing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help compressing issue

I have a problen the proogram takes 24hrs to compress a novie like the blind side. It avg speed is 0.36mb top 0.70mb. How can i spead it up my pc is dual core 2.1ghz 1 gb ram and nvidea g force 8500 . I would like to average. Close to 2 nbs at least when compressing main movie.
    Amd 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3.09Ghz
    Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
    3gb ram
    Win Xp
    600W power supply

Originally posted by dasadpoet View Post
    I have a problen the proogram takes 24hrs to compress a novie like the blind side. It avg speed is 0.36mb top 0.70mb. How can i spead it up my pc is dual core 2.1ghz 1 gb ram and nvidea g force 8500 . I would like to average. Close to 2 nbs at least when compressing main movie.
    you will have to post your logs under your c/documents/DVDFab. Your system specs seem a bit slow. Does it allow you to use the cuda codec? If not switch all to software and burn the 50gb movie to the HDD then compress the 50gb file down to a 25gb file and then burn with ImgBurn
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

It says cuda Gpu accelaration video decoding enabled

Is this what ur looking for ?

2011-03-03 08:25:09 ---- ******************** Log session stop 03-Mar 08:25:09.062 PID 140********************
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [D] (Ide)
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info System default language : English (United States)
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info User default language : English (United States)
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info DLL Version : 4.0.15.480
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Version : 8, 0, 7, 6
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
      2011-03-03 08:24:00 ---- ******************** Log session start 03-Mar 08:24:00.093 PID 140********************

2011-03-03 08:16:43 ---- ******************** Log session stop 03-Mar 08:16:43.437 PID 2768********************
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [D] (Ide)
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info System default language : English (United States)
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info User default language : English (United States)
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info DLL Version : 4.0.13.476
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Version : 8, 0, 6, 6

Do i have to urgrade my ram ? or something i need it faster taking 24 hrs to do the blind side was way to long. thank you for helping
      Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
      3gb ram
      Win Xp
      600W power supply

Comment

Speed problem is your CPU and RAM.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Also, you have an IDE drive which may be in PIO transfer mode. Use the Reset DMA button in DVDFab Common Settings to reset it. The other posts are correct, you will be better off copying the main movie or full disc to a folder on your hard drive, then compressing from there. If you plan to do much work with Blu-rays, consider upgrading CPU and absolutely more RAM.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How do I compress. Movie after rip it to hard drive. How much ram would. I need to get at least 2 mbs per second. I will look into a new pc but will have to work with what I have right now. Do I have a decent card . I havr about 100 us dollars to spend if need new card.
            Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
            3gb ram
            Win Xp
            600W power supply

Comment

use that money to buy as much ram as you can i have 8gb and plan to go to 16gb when i can find 4gb stips that are afordable if you have a some flash media try using it in ready-boost mode to see if it will help didnt for me but it probably will with the low amount of ram you have----to compress from a folder set your drop down to 25gb and set your target to a new folder or to your bdr burner then let fab do its thing

Comment

Thank you all for help.

If someone could help me with 1 last thing. My computer right now has this motherboard http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite...uID=46&LanID=0 and my system says i have a AMD Athlon 64 3500+. I looked this up just now and it looks to be a single core and not dual core which i was told when i bought the pc. Im thinking it would be cheaper to just buy more ram and A new processor. Heres the page i was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...hlon%2064%20X2.
                and if any won knows what type of ram i would need would help. Thank you for your help in the compressing issue. If i were to have say one of these processors and 4 gb of ram, would i see a huge difference in compressing time. As I said I made a backup of blind side and it took 24hrs. but have decreased a few hours with the tips that you guys have gave me. Thank you for your help again.
                Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                3gb ram
                Win Xp
                600W power supply

Comment

Please a little more help and thank you for ur help so far.

Thank you for all your help guys. I followed tips and it gave me semi improvement. but still need to do alot better. so if any one can help me please. I see my computer is a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ i was told i had bought a dual core processor but it seems that its only single core. so i am thinking about upgrading but need some help. this is my motherboard http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite...uID=46&LanID=0

Will any of these processors work with it ? amd is this a nice uipgrade from what i have ? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...egor&x=10&y=12

And what ram would i need im thinking about 4 gb for now. with all of this and my video card geforce 8500gt 512mb, would it pick up significant
                  Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                  3gb ram
                  Win Xp
                  600W power supply

Comment

Thank you for all your help guys. I followed tips and it gave me semi improvement. but still need to do alot better. so if any one can help me please. I see my computer is a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ i was told i had bought a dual core processor but it seems that its only single core. so i am thinking about upgrading but need some help. this is my motherboard http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWebSite...uID=46&LanID=0

Will any of these processors work with it ? amd is this a nice uipgrade from what i have ? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...egor&x=10&y=12

And what ram would i need im thinking about 4 gb for now. with all of this and my video card geforce 8500gt 512mb, would it pick up significant
                    You MOBO uses DDR2 memory which is pretty cheap since most systems are using DDR3, you have to understand its a combo of things you have a older cpu and AMD processors are running 6 cores right now! I have 8gb of ram and a quad core and it all depends on the movie I do! I did Faster last night and I don't compress but copy time was 28 min and burn time was about 30 because I use BDRE. For the times your looking for you need to upgrade!! A new processor which means a new MOBO because the new processors are AM3 and that means new memory because you will need DDR3 1300 or 1600 maybe 1800 that depends on your cash flow!
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

It says cuda Gpu accelaration video decoding enabled

Is this what ur looking for ?

2011-03-03 08:25:09 ---- ******************** Log session stop 03-Mar 08:25:09.062 PID 140********************
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [D] (Ide)
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info System default language : English (United States)
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info User default language : English (United States)
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info DLL Version : 4.0.15.480
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info Version : 8, 0, 7, 6
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
                      2011-03-03 08:24:00 ---- ******************** Log session start 03-Mar 08:24:00.093 PID 140********************

2011-03-03 08:16:43 ---- ******************** Log session stop 03-Mar 08:16:43.437 PID 2768********************
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [D] (Ide)
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info System default language : English (United States)
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info User default language : English (United States)
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info DLL Version : 4.0.13.476
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
                      2011-03-03 08:04:47 Info Version : 8, 0, 6, 6

Do i have to urgrade my ram ? or something i need it faster taking 24 hrs to do the blind side was way to long. thank you for helping
                      One other thing I dont think you can get the LGBH10 in IDE only SATA so it might be a BIOS change. So you are running ACHI driver? Not sure or you are using some weird cable to convert SATA down to IDE? You will have to google this!

Comment

Not sure i understand u completely. My blu-ray burner drive is connected to the motherboard directly threw sata cable .The only ide is my dvd burner i hooked it up about 2 weeks ago to put less use on blu-ray burner. So i could burn cds and dvds threw the dvd burner and use my bluray burner strictly just for blu-rays. Is this a issue ? is it makeing my pc slow down . I backed up the road today and it took 11 hours. Plus didnt touch the computer and left only a few programs running. i would like to get it down to 6 or 5 hours compressing as it takes about 1 hour no compressing and use the computer for browsing and such at the same time . Question is my processor singe or duo ? i am looking into a barebone system as i have install motherboards b4 but hate it cause I have friend 2 b4. I love my case and dont really want to part with it. this is the place ill probably end up going to http://www.microcenter.com/ to get a new board and processor installed. If some one could reference me some boards and processor it would be very appreciated thank you. I have about 300.00 U.S. to spend on ram motherboard and processor.
                        Last edited by dasadpoet; 03-07-2011, 06:13 AM. Reason: Add spending limit
                        Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                        3gb ram
                        Win Xp
                        600W power supply

Comment

You're dvd burner shouldn't cause you any problems. Trying to do too many things at the same time will. If you have too many programs running in your taskbar, you're ram available for fab will be limited. I just have a dual core intel with 4gb of ram, an nvidia 7300 GT video card, very little running in the background, and i don't do anything else on the computer when fab is running or i'm burning. I can compress a movie in 2.5-3 hrs. and burn in 20-25 min.
                          It's not the speediest, but fine for me.

I forgot to mention the encoding time is with lightning encoding on. If it is off, then the encoding time is more like 4.5-5 hrs. Needless to say i leave it on. Don't spend a lot of money changing everything on your computer. Try more ram first. It will get to the point where buying a whole new machine will be the same as buying a bunch of parts to upgrade.
                          Last edited by bmiller; 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with bmiller...however,

the first item of business is to check the DMA status as suggested by signals.
                            Did you use the DMA Reset in Fab?
                            (I didn't see a response from you re: this...maybe I missed it)

I took a look at your motherboard specs.
                            Since you're using XP, this illustrated tutorial should help.
                            You'll find your BH10LS30 on the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller...
                            more than likely on the secondary IDE channel as displayed here:

How to enable DMA in Windows XP (with pictures).

If you have trouble resetting DMA, just ask, someone will walk you through the various fixes.

While you need to check this, even if the drive is in PIO mode, it's certainly not the only problem.
                            As others have said, you're horribly underpowered for BD archiving.
                            Save your money for a new build or purchase.
                            There's no point in sinking $300 into your current rig for a poor to marginal increase in performance

//Edit
                            I hope you're not trying to compress on the initial rip.
                            Again, as suggested by signals, don't.
                            Firstly, rip...uncompressed...to your hdd (BD50 size).
                            Last edited by regnad kcin; 03-07-2011, 02:29 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

Not sure i understand u completely. My blu-ray burner drive is connected to the motherboard directly threw sata cable .The only ide is my dvd burner i hooked it up about 2 weeks ago to put less use on blu-ray burner. So i could burn cds and dvds threw the dvd burner and use my bluray burner strictly just for blu-rays. Is this a issue ? is it makeing my pc slow down . I backed up the road today and it took 11 hours. Plus didnt touch the computer and left only a few programs running. i would like to get it down to 6 or 5 hours compressing as it takes about 1 hour no compressing and use the computer for browsing and such at the same time . Question is my processor singe or duo ? i am looking into a barebone system as i have install motherboards b4 but hate it cause I have friend 2 b4. I love my case and dont really want to part with it. this is the place ill probably end up going to http://www.microcenter.com/ to get a new board and processor installed. If some one could reference me some boards and processor it would be very appreciated thank you. I have about 300.00 U.S. to spend on ram motherboard and processor.
                              Check ebay!! You can get some good MOBO combos and DDR3 has been really cheap lately. IF you go with AMD you can get any AM3 board and chip you will be good! If you go with Intel any LGA board and chip will be good! I have always used AMD with success! You might also look into upgrading windows to, as I think MS stopped supporting XP. You should be able to keep you case if its one you bought! Also I just checked ebay for BB systems and saw a AMD Phenom II 945 system for 269 free shipping!

Comment

Working...
                              X