Bluray backups dying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woecarlson View Post
    I thought I was up-to-date, but sure enough I see a firmware update as of 2/11 that I could install. Guess this makes the Verb LTH worth another try.

As far as you guys know there is no issue reported with this 1-year anniversary disappearing act with these Verb LTHs?
    Because Verbatim is one of the best manufactures of media!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
      UJapan?!is that the seller?
      Yes. Jstop is the other seller i've been looking into. Like i said, the verbatims so far are golden. The TDKs i've had 2 failures so far out of 3. I'll keep you guys posted on how these 50gb discs work out. $5 a piece isn't too bad considering $10-15, or more, anywhere else. And shipping from Japan was faster than i expected for being free!

Comment

I know you all echo my sentiments here... don't you wish Taiyo Yuden made BD-Rs and BD-REs?

Comment

Originally posted by btufail View Post
          Yes. Jstop is the other seller i've been looking into. Like i said, the verbatims so far are golden. The TDKs i've had 2 failures so far out of 3. I'll keep you guys posted on how these 50gb discs work out. $5 a piece isn't too bad considering $10-15, or more, anywhere else. And shipping from Japan was faster than i expected for being free!
          I purchase from UJapan 5 50GB BDRE 46.99 shipped! 1 disc was bad and when I purchased more they sent me the replacement disc.
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

blu ray

Superfist,
            they do, look here : www.dvdshoponline.co.uk 25 cake tub @£49-80 excluding delivery.Have not tried them yet so cant vouch for the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by RICKENBACKER View Post
              Superfist,
              they do, look here : www.dvdshoponline.co.uk 25 cake tub @£49-80 excluding delivery.Have not tried them yet so cant vouch for the quality.
              Well slap me on the ass and call me Judy!

I didn't know that! I will definitely have to check these out. I would bet money that these suckers won't degenerate after a year or so!

UPDATE: Uh oh... it looks like they don't ship to the U.S.
              Last edited by SuperFist; 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Ahhh... this is more like it!

I can't believe I didn't notice supermediastore.com sells Taiyo Yuden BD-Rs... and it's my main media vendor!

But beware, they are LTH discs.
                Last edited by SuperFist; 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I just got some OQ BD-Rs from Amazon that were "sold by Vinpower", and they are showing as CMCMAG-BA3-000 on ImgBurn. Can anyone tell me if these are the good OQ or the bad OQ? From this and other forums I was expecting to see something either pointing to Pioneer or Ritek.

Thanks!

Comment

I said Pioneer in my last post....meant to say Phillips.

Comment

I just got some OQ BD-Rs from Amazon that were "sold by Vinpower", and they are showing as CMCMAG-BA3-000 on ImgBurn. Can anyone tell me if these are the good OQ or the bad OQ? From this and other forums I was expecting to see something either pointing to Pioneer or Ritek.

Thanks!
                      Check out this guide for top media. Even though it says it's for DVD, the same holds true for Blu-ray as they often have the same manufacturing codes.

You definitely want to add that link to your favorites.

Comment

I just ordered a 50 pack of Vinpower from newegg. They are listed as R04'S which are philips. Great discs so far, as long as they are philips, and not ritek some some are reporting from other dealers.

Comment

Thanks!
                          Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                          I just ordered a 50 pack of Vinpower from newegg. They are listed as R04'S which are philips. Great discs so far, as long as they are philips, and not ritek some some are reporting from other dealers.
                          If they're R04 then they're Phillips which so far are good. Anything else is probably ritek.

Comment

I ordered 2 - 25 packs, cheaper than a 50 pack. They are Philips R04, as advertised. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                              Because Verbatim is one of the best manufactures of media!

I downloaded the firmware update and my BR players now does recognize these Verb LTH discs as valid media. Now my problem is 3 of the first 10 I've used have resulted in this error at some point in the writing process. (See attachment for screenshot)

Anyone know if this would be an issue with ImgBurn, the drive itself (LG) or faulty media?
                              Attached Files

Comment

I downloaded the firmware update and my BR players now does recognize these Verb LTH discs as valid media. Now my problem is 3 of the first 10 I've used have resulted in this error at some point in the writing process. (See attachment for screenshot)

Anyone know if this would be an issue with ImgBurn, the drive itself (LG) or faulty media?
                                My 1st burner was an LG. I read about numerous people mentioning that my particular burner was compatible with LTH. However, I had a couple of failures. I sent it back and got a pioneer bdr-205. Haven't had an LTH failure since. also look ino this:
                                http://www.verbatim.com/UserFiles/Fi...bility2010.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X