The dreaded 105 failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreaded 105 failure

Having problems all of a sudden burning any Blu-ray to BD9. After it starts copying, I get a "no compression needed" even though I specify a BD9 disc. Here are the logs. Sorry, I'm not the best at this. If it isn't right, let me know what to do.

log.gif dvdfab_burn_vso.log (4.3 KB),log.gif dvdfab_internal.log (5.5 KB),
    log.gif dvdfab_process.log (347 Bytes)
    Attached Files

I would suggest ripping the movie to your HDD first and then burning in Imgburn, independent of DVDFab.

Comment

Hi

1. Here is the information in your log file:

a. 20:14:51: Task_2 failed! Error=105

b.2011-04-05 20:14:17 Error INIT ERROR: The inserted disc is too small. Suitable disc(s) for 29.36 Gb.: blu ray R, blu ray RW
      2011-04-05 20:14:17 Info Scanned files #9, folder #7 - total size 31521728924 b. (29.36 Gb.)

2. Task_2 Error=105 means that files are too big to fit on a blank disc.

3.Use main movie mode to copy this your movie to you HDD first, remove HD Audio( if it is a blu-ray movie),and then compress it from HDD to HDD again to check the output size.

4.Then burn the copied files to a suitable disc.

Comment

Hi, cici Jia. I did use the main movie mode of the BD-to-DVD program, and specified a DVD9 copy disc. The problem was that when it started copying the BD disc (National Treasure) it somehow ignored my input and said "no compression needed", so the entire 29Gb file was sent to Temp. This problem has not come come up before, I've been using DVDfab for a while. But now it will not compress any BD movie I try to copy.

Comment

Are you a registered user or using the trial version?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A BD9 and a DVD9 from Blu-ray are not the same thing. BD to DVD9 creates a DVD-Video type structure with the familiar IFO/BUP/VOB files in a VIDEO_TS folder. BD to BD9 in BD Copy produces and BDMV folder structure as with a Blu-ray disc but small enough to fit on a blank DL DVD, but it will only play in a Blu-ray player. But either way it should not have said the output size would be 23 GB.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

registered, for quite a while.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say DVD9

Comment

Working...
                X