Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio-only reencoding?

Hi all,

I just ran into something a little unusual trying to rebuild Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. A little background...I'm using DVDFab to "rip" the movie to my hard drive, then BD-Rebuilder to reencode it down to a BR-25. When I initially scanned the original disc, it was showing 22.7 GB...which is just barely over what DVDFab must think can fit on a BR-25. I ran the BD-Rebuilder, but it said no video reencoding was necessary and it only did some work (roughly 20 minutes worth) on the audio. The end result is a folder that is just 22.5 GB...a pretty small difference. Also, when I try to run the "rebuilt" version through DVDFab it still shows it as being slightly too big for the BR-25 (99% will fit without compression). Yet one more variable that I find interesting is when I run IMGBurn (what I actually use when burning the discs) it shows 97% when I hit the Calculate button on both the original and the rebuilt folders.

I guess my question is...does it sound like there is much if any difference between these two? Why would DVDFAB show that it needs to be compressed when IMGBurn shows it only takes up 97%? Also, in my DVDFAB settings it shows the writable size for the BD-25 is 23 GB, so it really makes no sense why it would need to compress for either the 22.5 or 22.7.

Let me know if this makes any sense or not....

Thanks!
    EC

Moving your thread to the Blu-ray Copy forum, since that is the feature you are using. Not sure what the title of the thread means, since you are talking about video.

Can't help you with the other product, and would suggest you compress it with DVDFab and see what
    ImgBurn says about whether the output size will fit on your blank.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by woecarlson View Post
      Hi all,

I just ran into something a little unusual trying to rebuild Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. A little background...I'm using DVDFab to "rip" the movie to my hard drive, then BD-Rebuilder to reencode it down to a BR-25. When I initially scanned the original disc, it was showing 22.7 GB...which is just barely over what DVDFab must think can fit on a BR-25. I ran the BD-Rebuilder, but it said no video reencoding was necessary and it only did some work (roughly 20 minutes worth) on the audio. The end result is a folder that is just 22.5 GB...a pretty small difference. Also, when I try to run the "rebuilt" version through DVDFab it still shows it as being slightly too big for the BR-25 (99% will fit without compression). Yet one more variable that I find interesting is when I run IMGBurn (what I actually use when burning the discs) it shows 97% when I hit the Calculate button on both the original and the rebuilt folders.

I guess my question is...does it sound like there is much if any difference between these two? Why would DVDFAB show that it needs to be compressed when IMGBurn shows it only takes up 97%? Also, in my DVDFAB settings it shows the writable size for the BD-25 is 23 GB, so it really makes no sense why it would need to compress for either the 22.5 or 22.7.

Let me know if this makes any sense or not....

Thanks!
      EC
      Hi

DVDFab default writable size for the BD-25 is 23000MB,should be 22.46GB.

I'll go on check this.

Best Regards.

Joe

Comment

Yes, this is the area of contention I have with the program's default BD-25 size (23000MB) of which I increase it. The issue is BD Rebuilder's default BD-25 is set larger (23450). Mine is set even above 23450 and I have yet to get a failed disc. I've had it report 97-98% in ImgBurn as well.

Comment

Working...
        X