PowerDVD10 Ultra cannot play ripped Blu-ray folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDVD10 Ultra cannot play ripped Blu-ray folder

I used Full Disc Blu-ray Copy to rip Evangelion 1.11 (Region A) to my harddisk uncompressed and with certificate folder. DVDfab said the copy was successful (~40 GB). I selected the folder and clicked play but PowerDVD did nothing. PowerDVD could play the blu-ray disc just fine, though. Any suggessions?

My system
    -Windows 7-64
    -DVDFab 8.0.7.3 (I have some trouble with 8.0.8.5 so I stick with 8.0.7.3)
    -DVDfab Passkey 8.0.2.6

I don't think PowerDVD knows how to play BDMV folders. You will need to create an ISO of the folder, mount it using DVDFab Virtual Drive, then select the virtual drive with your ISO in the Settings menu in PDVD10. It will play the m2ts file of the movie from the Video tab, but if the movie is made up of different m2ts files that won't work either.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

TimeSkip, PowerDVD 9 or 10 will NOT play a bluray movie you have ripped to your hard drive. I actually wrote them about this issue. This is what I got back from them regarding PrwDVD 9 .....

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with play Blu-ray files from hard drive and Virtual drive.

In regards to your concern, please note that PowerDVD support playing of Blu-ray Title's, only from the disc. You will not be able to play the Blu-ray Title's from hard drive or using .iso files.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards
      Akhilesh
      CyberLink Technical Support"

The best way the play them with PowerDVD is to mount it with DVDFab virtual drive.
      Please see my recent thread posted today (4/14/2011) titled ...

"fast method to create the .miniso file for your existing folder"

in this forum. I've found a way to easily create a miniso file to a folder with a BD movie in it just in case you didn't use the create a miniso option on the original rip.
      Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Thank signal,

You were right. PowerDVD cannot play Blu-ray folder directly.

I found the solutions. I used DVDFab virtual drive and mount the .miniso file created by Blu-ray Copy, mount the .miniso, and play it with PowerDVD.

Comment

TimeSkip, follow these steps to get a bluray movie on your hard drive to play as a mounted drive using DVDFab's virtual drive ...

1st, DL Fabs virtual drive 1.2.0.0 and install it.
          It will make a virtual drive at the end of your drive letters. In my case, it's drive T.

To play a movie ripped to the hard drive, make sure you choose to make a miniso file when you rip it. (If not, see thread I mentioned above to quickly and easily make one.)

Start DVDFab virtual drive.

(It will place an icon down by the clock.)

Right-click on the DVDFab virtual drive icon down by the clock.

Select the default drive letter in the pop-up window. In my case it is drive T.

Click on "mount"

A navigation window will come up. Go to the wanted bluray movie folder and select the .miniso file.

A window will materialize showing the BDMV & Certificate folder. Minimize this window.

Launch PwrDVD9 (or 10) and click the play button. The movie will now play!

I have had great success with this method playing bluray back-ups on my hard drive and playing them with PowerDVD 9.0.2320.a I don't see any reason why it won't work with PDVD10. If it does work, please post for others to know! Thanks
          Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Mdy4Blues,

I just found out about these steps as well. Your replies didn't show up by the time I posted my previous reply.

Following these steps, PowerDVD10 can now play ripped Blu-ray folder.

Thank you guys.

Comment

Update:

PowerDVD10 stuttered quite often while playing ripped Blu-ray folder. Stutters happened whenever there were harddisk activities. I guessed these harddisk activities were video buffering. PowerDVD10 played Blu-ray disc smoothly, though.

My HDD is WD 2TB Caviar Black, it's certainly not a slowpoke.

Is there any way to fix stuttering like increasing buffer or something.

Comment

PrwDVD 9 or 10?

I upgraded to PDVD10 and had a problem with the video. As in NONE! Everything else appeared to be normal. Had audio, blue progress line at the bottom, just NO video! I then reverted back to PDVD ver. 9.0.2320.a and my blu-ray movies on my hard drive went back to playing beautifully. One thing is for sure, PDVD10 had issues on my system. (WinXP Pro w/ SP 2. Nvidia 9800 GT card. Intel P4, 3.4 ghz. Seagate 1 TB HDD, ECS RS400-A MB, 1.5 gb ram) Not the fastest computer but seems to work and play well enough with PDVD9. Perhaps it doesn't have the "Oooomph" to handle PDVD10 requirements.
                Last edited by Mdy4Blues; 04-17-2011, 12:17 AM. Reason: Additional system information

Comment

Hi Mdy4Blues
                  You should also make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card, and also update your OS to SP3.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Power DVD 10

Actually this is not true. Power DVD 10 will play video direct from the BDMV folder however not all BD Movies get ripped as one file. From what I can tell most of the older movies on Blu Ray will rip as a single file and these play just fine in Power DVD 10. Newer movies rip in separate files and don't play well at all with Power DVD 10. I use an iso file to play these in Power DVD. I have also had some success playing Blu Ray movies with VLC Media Player. Sometimes it gets choppy or there are artifects in the video but it is not the video file. Its just the way VLC Media Player plays back the file. What do you expect with free software? Hope this helps.

Comment

ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 plays Blu-ray movies from the folder just fine, whether they are one file or multiple files. It's an awesome program that's much better than any version of PowerDVD or even WinDVD.

Comment

Working...
                      X