Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia question

Hi all,

Been reading several posts about the Cinavia protection, and was hoping for some clarification. If you attempt to burn a Cinavia protected BR but play it on a non-Cinavia protected player, will that work ok? Or do you need the PS3 as your player?

Sorry if this is a silly question or if it's already been answered, but I'm trying to make sense of all different posts and want to (try to) make sure I understand what I'm getting into before I try to back-up any of my Cinavia protected titles...considering the price of the media!

Thanks a bunch!

If the player does not respond to Cinavia-protected content, you should have no problem with normal backup procedures. The PS3 does recognize Cinavia, therein the problem. Some standalone BD players do also, check post #1 in the Cinavia thread in this forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by woecarlson View Post
      Hi all,

Been reading several posts about the Cinavia protection, and was hoping for some clarification. If you attempt to burn a Cinavia protected BR but play it on a non-Cinavia protected player, will that work ok? Or do you need the PS3 as your player?

Sorry if this is a silly question or if it's already been answered, but I'm trying to make sense of all different posts and want to (try to) make sure I understand what I'm getting into before I try to back-up any of my Cinavia protected titles...considering the price of the media!

Thanks a bunch!
      You should pick up some BDRE disc's! This will save you money by not burning coasters and this is for all burns. On the Cinavia question if you make a protected back up it will not play on a player that does not support protected backups! My samsung player will not play protected backups! Signals pointed you to the first post of the Cinavia thread and this list the players that support Cinavia protection mainly the PS3.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
      X