Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your manual (page #15) will spell out compatible RAM configurations.
    Like I said way back, I'd stay away from 1 stick installation....you will either lose DDR2 or worse, your system will crash.

Adding RAM can get quite technical and is fraught with problems if you don't know exactly what you've got.

Simplest method for you and your home-grown pc is to download a what's called Crucial System Scanner:
    http://www.crucial.com/

Kingston also has a utility
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I still dont know you didnt update the motherboard, cpu and memory first instead of the video card. To be honest some people get great times on dual core heck movies were all over the place on how long to rip. But a good guy pop told me to get a quad or faster cpu and it worked. I have a question how much so far have you dumped into this computer for upgrading?
      Lancool K-56 case.
      OCZ 700watt PSU.
      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
      WD 2TB.
      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Hi dasadpoet

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        If your OS is 32 bit it will only show 3gb
        He is correct in saying on a XP 32 bit OS you will only see 3Gb or even less, no matter how much ram you put in.

Also if you mix 800MHz with 1066MHz your computer will run the speed of the lower memory module speed.

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dasadpoet View Post
          -Only needs help with memory now -

My system might not support 3 stick memory ? does this mean needs 2 or 4. the sockets are 2 yellow and 2 orange in color. do i need only same kind of memory ? cause 2 work

I knew something was familiar about switching the memory out and rearranging it. Thank you mainman and Ernie. I just invested alot of money in this computer and i want it to work proper. Bought the processor and motherboard back in febuary (upgraded from a really old board that came with the pc and a single core processor too a new board cause it had more then 2 slots of memory) my new one can handle 16 gb apartly but fails to register ) . Since gregiboy certainly has it out for me im asking for help, You reply trying to make problems for me instead of helping.

The ram switch up didnt work and dont know if its my board or ram. I just got My dvi cord so going to hook video card up again. Not sure if i installed them both at same time. I remember putting the video card in and getting beeps which i hope i have solved that problem by reading over this topic and realizing there a power connector on the card. My old card i use now has no plug and iv been out date for a couple of years i see.
          The video card should be fine after i get some time to install it on to motherboard. the only problem is the memory not the ebay stick (that is a mystery to me but not priority) I have 4 gb installed (no ebay memory well yes all ebay memory but not the 1 i just got) and only 2.9gb is working but 4 gbs is registerd. Even though it seems i have rubbed Gregiboy wrong when i never did anything to him (reminds me of a bully that doesn't like some situation and uses his popularity to push his way)

The ebay ram has been out cause it kept showing blue screen and restarting pc. So i took it out. I upgraded this board for memory and now i cant use memory thats not working proper. that's it that's all im concerned about.

Gregiboy- Computer store wants $65 to work on a pc. More important things can be done with that money when i have it (I payed for video card on credit card shouldnt have done that but o well)
          I think Gregiboy is just pointing out this forum is about Fab not fixing people's computers. Not that we won't help you as much as possible but the issues you are having should have been researched before you made a purchase. It's tuff trouble shooting like this! And to be honest 65 bucks even if money is tight is not that bad in a sense your computer will work! There are allot of forums out there also were you can get the right info you need for this problem! I hope you get this straightened out I know it's fraustrating!!!
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

seems like its probally cause my 32bit system like u guys said. does it also mean that say i have 6gbs it will run at 6 but only show 3. how can i upgrade to 64bit ? thank u all for your help. i know you are agravated with me but got 1 big new problem . i cant get into my computer it boots up to the windows xp black screen and then goes completly black. i press keys and nothing works i hear no sound nothing. this thread started out for boosting the cudas and then turned computer against me trying to upgrade to better the speed of dvd fab. thank u all for your help. next time ill try to contact other forums for pc problems. any suggestions ?
            Amd 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3.09Ghz
            Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
            3gb ram
            Win Xp
            600W power supply

Comment

Nah, not aggravated with you personally, this is just frustrating for all concerned.

I believe we've all been hinting at this, but Diablo nailed it.
              Troubleshooting remotely is tough enough, but we have no access to your pc or anything else...
              only what you post and although you get an "A" for effort...well, it is what it is.

Better to have asked us what to do prior to trying to upgrade your RAM and video card.

You will not realize much, if any, benefit to Fab processing from adding more than 3 GB RAM to your XP rig...
              and this is assuming you upgrade to 64-bit windoz.
              More good $ for little if any gain.

The major kick for BD processing comes from your cpu...pure and simple.
              More cores and a fast cpu are the guts of it.
              CUDA enabled cards can help, but CUDA enabled GPU acceleration is a work in progress and quite frankly, doesn't work well for some users.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The black screen could be the video/graphics card not working. Also with all these upgrades you might want make sure your CPU power supply unit is powerful enough to power all the new parts

Comment

Working...
                X