This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More cudas

please some one help. this is my motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157226

this is the card GeForce 9800 GT its ddrs 3 . Is my motherboard compatible . thank you

i currently have a geforce_8500 has 16 cores. What does the cudas cores do ? will it improve faster comprsion. thank you
    Amd 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3.09Ghz
    Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
    3gb ram
    Win Xp
    600W power supply

Originally posted by dasadpoet View Post
    please some one help. this is my motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157226

this is the card GeForce 9800 GT its ddrs 3 . Is my motherboard compatible . thank you

i currently have a geforce_8500 has 16 cores. What does the cudas cores do ? will it improve faster comprsion. thank you
    Is it compatible with what? You board? Yes is it compatible with Fab? Yes. The higher end card will help greatly with encoding video just as i7 970 CPU or a 6 core processor or a SSD drive it's a combination of stuff!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Later model cards have 96 cores or more. Not sure about the 9800.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So its good for my board ? I got ticket payed off so im looking to buy a new card since the card i do have has only 16 cores. the 9800 has 112 and i can get it for around 60 bucks. smart investment ? after card and ram ill get a new power supply and the processor. right now have a dual with Ashamploo core tuner boosting it. It really nice program you guys should give it a try. AS always thank you so much for your help.
        Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
        3gb ram
        Win Xp
        600W power supply

Comment

Looked at your mobo and it's slot is PCI Express 2.0 x16 so just make sure the card you want is the same. Also even though the mobo says the memory is DDR2 and the video card you want is DDR3, it will work if that's what has you in doubt.
          Some video cards (usually the GTS and GTX series) will have separate power connections so your power supply will need to be compatible if you ever decide to upgrade later. (Usually cards will have adapters for older power supplys that don't have 6-pin PCI-E ports).

I've owned a 9500gt, GTS250 and currently a GTX470 (love the GTX!!)

Comment

Originally posted by dasadpoet View Post
            So its good for my board ? I got ticket payed off so im looking to buy a new card since the card i do have has only 16 cores. the 9800 has 112 and i can get it for around 60 bucks. smart investment ? after card and ram ill get a new power supply and the processor. right now have a dual with Ashamploo core tuner boosting it. It really nice program you guys should give it a try. AS always thank you so much for your help.
            It all depends on what you want to do! I have a quad core AMD with video built onto the board and I can copy movie only no compression in less then 30 min. That's what I like to do so this is just fine for me, I don't play games so no need for a real good card. It's all dependent on your needs but don't buy something that's going to be obsolete because of cash flow!
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Thank you guys. Yes the ddr3 threw me off so i wasent sure. Thank you for the help in that. I can copy a movie to hard drive within 30-45 min no compression. But i need to compress some so my card is bad. Takes 5 hours so i bought the 9800 from tigerdirect for 50.00 and waiting for it in the mail. triying to buy 4 gbs of ddr2 1600 fir under 50.00 but got outbid on ebay. Right now i have 3gbs . Im upgradeing soly for dvd fab , I diont play games . Not really anything that interest me that i cant get on 360 or ps3. Best pc game is total annihilation ! .
              Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
              3gb ram
              Win Xp
              600W power supply

Comment

I'd recommend not purchasing resold RAM on Ebay. If you have to bid for it, you can pretty much be sure it isn't new with a warranty. Buy RAM new so you have a store warranty as well as the manufacturer's warranty. Newegg.com has some pretty great prices on RAM as well as other computer accessories.

Comment

Got my new card the GeForce 9800 GT yesterday and installed it and turned on my new pc and got a long beeping noise and i admittedly turn pc off. does any one know what is wrong ?
                  Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                  3gb ram
                  Win Xp
                  600W power supply

Comment

The beeping is coming from your motherboard...your BIOS.

My guess is that the card is not connected properly.
                    If I had to venture a first guess, I'd say you have an excessive heat problem.
                    This will occur very quickly if the fan is not working.

Look to see that the video card's fan is wired properly.
                    Did it work when you powered up?

You're going to have to troubleshoot this as it is just about impossible for us to do remotely...we're just guessing based upon your posts

The motherboard will have beep codes to aid in troubleshooting
                    There aren't many BIOS manufacturers, but the codes can vary based on the motherboard manufacturer.

Agree 100% with SuperFist.
                    Do not purchase RAM from 3rd party sources.
                    Buy only quality RAM directly from legit retailers such as newegg
                    Last edited by maineman; 05-11-2011, 02:56 PM.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Just got my ram from ebay its A data ddr2 800 g 2gb gaming series but i have it installed and it keeps restarting and so often shows a blue screen then keeps on restarting. sysytems . help on this too please.. the motherboard noises were long the long example. ioll cheak the fan as u said and others thing soon as i get home . bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb . it also has 2 different connectors that my monitor has but i guess i dont know what there called there White. if ram is bad any one give me a link to newegg that's compatible with my board.
                      Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                      3gb ram
                      Win Xp
                      600W power supply

Comment

I'm not a hardware troubleshooter but start adding one stick of ram at a time then reboot until you find the bad stick (if any). If you just added ram to add to your existing ram make sure the specs for both are the same.

Comment

I don't think I saw this mentioned but you need to be sure your power supply is big enough to handle everything. I saw one 9800 gt card that specified you must have at least a 400w.

Comment

So you already installed some 3rd party RAM and the video card and now are receiving the BSOD?
                            Bummer!!!

You have way too many things going on and with questionable hardware.

First off, extract the recently added RAM and see if your system boots up properly.

As described by my good friend W&B, you can't just indiscrimately add RAM.
                            Has to conform to the mobo specs and RAM already installed.
                            Did you install only 1 stick?
                            If so, you should not do this with this board.

Please refer to your owner's manual:
                            ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/A770DE+.pdf

You can check any/all of your RAM with:
                            Memtest86+
                            Memtest86+ is an advanced, free, open-source, stand-alone memory tester for 32- and 64-bit computers (UEFI & BIOS supported)

Fred_Fish raises a good point about your psu

To be of any real help, please post your system specs...not just your mobo
                            Did you or someone you know build this system?
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I was going threw the reply's a that W&B said. I built this pc well i bought it off ebay but i replaced everything but the power supply. Im not a guy that has money alot of money. So i haven't been up on the latest hardware. When i received the card in the mail My jaw dropped. its humongous compared to my Geforce 8500gt that i have in there right now. Little by little i have been upgrading this pc. So u pointed out about plugging in the power cable to my card which frankly i have never seen before. (thought it just ran off the motherboard like all my cards in the past have) So it has a plug in the front and will plug that in when i get my dvi cord in the mail (has no blue connector )

As described by my good friend W&B, you can't just indiscrimately add RAM.
                              Has to conform to the mobo specs and RAM already installed. ? Conform ?
                              Did you install only 1 stick? yes
                              If so, you should not do this with this board. ? Then what do i do ? How can i make them coexist ? Do i just take all ram out exept new one and let it marinate with the motherboard ?

PC Specs Running Windoes XP profesional
                              3.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
                              500.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
                              HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 [Optical drive]
                              HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 [Optical drive]
                              Board: ASRock A770DE+
                              Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
                              BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.60 05/20/2010

2944 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB
                              Slot 'DIMM1' has 1024 MB
                              Slot 'DIMM2' has 1024 MB
                              Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty - I have 4 gb installed but system only shows that i have 2.9 . Am i doing something wrong?

Power supply 450W

I built it over the last 2 yrs upgrading the processor recently.

I have 6 gb total of ram that i have. Only have 4gb installed but it never goes over 2.9. Do i have to do something else to get it to work ?

I am running off of the 2gb that i bought off ebay. Its the only ram in the computer. No restart. Is my other ram not compatible ? Do i have to do something to make them get along ?

Thank you everone for your help.
                              Last edited by dasadpoet; 05-12-2011, 08:30 AM. Reason: New ram
                              Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
                              3gb ram
                              Win Xp
                              600W power supply

Comment

Working...
                              X