Will not open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not open

It installs, but will not open or uninstall. I had to use system restore again. Very buggy software. 8.0.8.5 still works ok. Something has been introduced in the new QT version that is causing major grief.

Please check the size of your installer to make sure you do not have a corrupt download, the size should be EXACTLY 18,482,328 bytes. You can check it by right clicking on the installer file and selecting Properties (check the file size, not size on disk).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That's the exact size of the file i tried with no luck.

Comment

Hi bmiller,

Please try using the "Add/Remove Programs" feature in your "Control Panel" to uninstall DVDFab8. Then redownload and reinstall DVDFab8.0.9.1 to see the result.
        Last edited by sunny; 05-12-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Please try v8092 to see the result.

DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I uninstalled 8.0.8.5 via the Add & Remove program, and installed 8.0.9.2 QT.
            Same thing, will not startup or uninstall. System restore again.

Comment

Hi bmiller

You need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab8 because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt. You can uninstall DVDFab with the uninstall program. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab. Then restart computer and check if there are some related files left, if does, please delete them.

You can also use CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner to clean your computer and also leftover registry items and then reinstall Fab again.

Hope this helps
              CBR929.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

When i tried 8.0.9.1 i uninstalled 8.0.8.5 with jvc power tools, cleaned up the registry with the same software, and then installed 8.0.9.1 and i had the problems described. Next i tried uninstalling 8.0.8.5 with Windows Add & Remove software, and installed 8.0.9.2 with the same results as previous. When i reinstall 8.0.8.5 , everything works just fine.
                Something has been introduced in the QT version that causes problems. I'll bet there will be many others with the same problem, using XP. I've been using this software for over a year with no problems with the same machine, until QT.

Comment

Working...
                X