Mini ISO and existing iso images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini ISO and existing iso images

I have many blu ray discs that i have backed upto ISO format and have on my media center.

However i have read that the mini ISO feature gets around issues with various software players such as powerdvd.

How do i generate the mini iso for discs that i have already ripped to ISO, apart from going through my collection again and checking the mini iso checkbox?????

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
    I have many blu ray discs that i have backed upto ISO format and have on my media center.

However i have read that the mini ISO feature gets around issues with various software players such as powerdvd.

How do i generate the mini iso for discs that i have already ripped to ISO, apart from going through my collection again and checking the mini iso checkbox?????
    Please refer to this guide ...

It has complete instructions along with screens shots!

However, if the movies you have are already ISO format, all you need to do is download DVDFab's Virtual Drive and use it to mount your ISO's to play them with powerdvd. (One note; I use PDVD9 ver. 2320a. After I did an update to ver. 4105, I was unable to mount and view. Had to uninstall and reinstall back to ver. 2320a)

Cheers!
    Last edited by Mdy4Blues; 06-03-2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: addn'l info/spelling
    Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

DVDFab Virtual Drive tutorial

Originally posted by Mdy4Blues View Post
      However, if the movies you have are already ISO format, all you need to do is download DVDFab's Virtual Drive and use it to mount your ISO's to play them with powerdvd.
      @audiophile

Here's a link to a very good tutorial on how to set-up & use DVDFab's Virtual Drive utility.

Quite outstanding really! You'll need Adobe Reader to view it but, it really is good! If you have a whole slew of movies on your server that are ISO format, you'll definitely have a use for this. Download the attachment in the thread and open with Adobe Reader. If you don't already have the utility, here's a link to download it. I've used it with great success.

Cheers!
      Last edited by Mdy4Blues; 06-04-2011, 03:39 AM. Reason: added link for virtualdrive
      Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

thanks for response.

I have used virtual drive quite well with powerdvd 8 fro quite awhile and integrated virtual drive inside media center with mount image to mount iso accordingly. However ISO and the plug in for powerdvd 9 inside media center doesnt like it.

So i want to know how to create mini iso to get around the issue, without re-ripping my blu ray collection again just to check the mini iso feature... and was wondering if this was possible.

eg movie.iso already exists... there is no folder structure it a file only. I want to create mini iso from <movie.iso>
        Last edited by audiophile; 06-11-2011, 07:54 AM.

Comment

You should make this a feature request.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

To make a miniso from an ISO you'd have to extract the ISO to a folder and make a miniso based on the contents of that folder.

A mounted miniso isn't going to look any different to a mounted ISO... so really, what's the point?!

miniso is for people that store their stuff as VIDEO_TS / BDMV folders (where the BDMV folder is then not playable in PowerDVD (pre version 11 anyway)) , not for people that store stuff in ISOs.

If your mounted ISOs aren't playing then either there's something on your system messing PowerDVD up or there's something in the app that's preventing it from working - either by design or a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
              thanks for response.

I have used virtual drive quite well with powerdvd 8 fro quite awhile and integrated virtual drive inside media center with mount image to mount iso accordingly. However ISO and the plug in for powerdvd 9 inside media center doesnt like it.

So i want to know how to create mini iso to get around the issue, without re-ripping my blu ray collection again just to check the mini iso feature... and was wondering if this was possible.

eg movie.iso already exists... there is no folder structure it a file only. I want to create mini iso from <movie.iso>
              I'm in the same situation forced to use a newer version of PowerDVD with many existing ISO's pre miniso -- is there still no fix for this???

Comment

Working...
              X